Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Stevens Deal Reached For November 2nd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this fight if it goes through is a bigger win for Stevens but a win-win for both fighters. If Stevens is getting anything near or above $300K, he's getting paid way above his worth. Win, lose, or draw he's getting the exposure and the money. For Golovkin, now he can say he's faced a devastating puncher and make himself more credible and marketable. I'm not convinced this is a cake walk for Golovkin either... Stevens has the KO power to put anyone up to175 to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by torosboxing75 View Post
      I know what your saying but I'm happy he's going to take stevens out first.
      Don't worry I don't think GGG is interested in avoiding anybody.
      I'm not trying to imply that GGG is avoiding anyone. I'm simply saying he hasn't fought anyone. Macklin was definitely a step in the right direction. But IMO Stevens is a backwards step. If none of the top middleweights will fight him. He needs to move up.

Look at his resume compared to Adrien Broner's. AB has three names on his resume that are currently rated in the top 10 in a given division. And he would have four but Rees recently left the lightweight division where he was ranked. GGG has one Ring ranked fighter on his resume. I'm not suggesting that AB is better than GGG. The jury is still out on both of them. But I am saying that while AB is constantly ridiculed for his "lack of competition." His resume is probably better than GGG's and the middleweight hasn't been called on it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        Stevenson would get Good Boy'd too.
        Why not move up and challenge the light heavy champ then?

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
          Because the LHW champ has a fight in September?
          HBO would have have Ward vs either guy before they'd make that fight happen

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            You said that he wouldn't take the fight period. You wrote about 200 posts saying he wouldn't either. Just admit that you weren't patient enough to wait, and all is forgiven. You aren't the only one, just the biggest one.
            W/E
            I'll just sit back and watch his dead body sprawled on the mat come November. Just hope I don't get blood on me

Comment

Don't you see that the fight is made? GG is a mw. **** are you even talking about???

Comment

W/E
                I'll just sit back and watch his dead body sprawled on the mat come November. Just hope I don't get blood on me
                I don't care who you think wins. You learned a lesson. Never ever doubt a fighters heart. If Stevens truly didn't want the fight like you thought he didn't, he wouldn't have taken the fight. Next time wait. Typing all the bullish was a waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Don't you see that the fight is made? GG is a mw. **** are you even talking about???
                  You do realize that Stevens and Stevenson are not the same guy don't you.

As for GGG being a middleweight. What difference does it make? He said he's willing to go to 154 to fight the welterweight champ. I'm sure he'd be equally willing to go to 168, a weight Stevenson says he can still make, to fight the light heavy champ.

Comment

Because the LHW champ has a fight in September?
                    HBO would have have Ward vs either guy before they'd make that fight happen
                    Stevenson-Cloud was just signed. I'm pretty sure if GGG had expressed interest in fighting the light heavy champ, HBO would have made that fight in a heartbeat.

Comment

Stevenson-Cloud was just signed. I'm pretty sure if GGG had expressed interest in fighting the light heavy champ, HBO would have made that fight in a heartbeat.
                      That was ongoing though wasn't it? There were talks of it last month and Bellew too.
                      Also why would he jump up 2 weight classes and 15 pounds when he doesn't even weight 175 in the ring on fight night?

Comment

Working...
                      X