No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: No Shot For Pacquiao , He Blew His Chance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rafael Trujillo View Post
    Like I said, both sides pulled off their own batch of nonsense so the fight wouldn't/couldn't happen. You just posted the Pac/Arum side of things. Now give me some from Mayweather's side.
    To me it has and always will be Bob Arum. Who openly states in the press/media that he will not work with any other promoter unless they sign to him or give him the sole rights to promote the fights. I'm sure Floyd/Manny would fight. A lot of these posters don't know much about the sports politics and the relationship between Arum and Mayweather but prefer rather to spew out nonsense about Floyd being scared of Manny who he was down to fight twice. I refuse to dumb myself down like everyone else regarding this situation. I've been following the sport for a while and I know bull**** when I read and hear it. Manny walks away from 50/50 with random blood tests because of a 14 day cut off to fight Joshua Clottey (A top rank fighter) who just lost to Cotto a guy Manny already beat (Who was a top rank fighter) but Mayweather is scared of Manny?

The fight would have happened in 2009 but Manny didn't want it plain and simple but his fans say that the blood tests "were a road block" but now Manny takes them for Rios? get the F##K outta here with that Bull$#!t! How the hell do you turn down 40Mil when you ain't NEVER made 40 MIL for a fight EVEN as a headliner? The only thing I fault Floyd for is asking for the tests which gave Manny an excuse to back out considering Roach said they would not be an issue and once they accept that Mayweather would be scared. This is all on video and in articles but yet I'm making this up? It's cool if you don't like a certain fighter but to play and be a stupid JACK ASS to defend a fighter is crazy to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
      I beg to differ......

The blind refuse to see.
      Come on man, you are taking things out of context.

Manny's side wanted the fight and said so on numerous occasions but they also were saying that they are not going to act desperate about it. That is, if Floyd doesn't want it, we will move on!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cgarcia View Post
        Floyd can do no wrong to them. The floms never get tired of the useless stuff that has nothing to do with balls. Hehe...
        Floyd can and has done wrong but regarding this fight that was supposed to happen between them. Floyd was at the table and Manny walked away plain and simple. Is this true or not? But you'll probably say " but Manny agreed to his terms later" was no need for 2nd, 3rd or 4th negotiations if he really wanted it. The FACT still remains that Mayweather was at the table to make the fight happen (when it was at it's peak) and team Pacquiao are the ones who walked away. Case closed.

Comment

This is all on video and in articles but yet I'm making this up? It's cool if you don't like a certain fighter but to play and be a stupid JACK ASS to defend a fighter is crazy to me.
          You don't seem to be understanding one thing. I am AGREEING with you. I didn't say you're making things up. I don't have any problems and see TRUTH in that post you prepared. The only thing I believe we disagree on is that you believe the blame is on Pac/Arum ONLY. I believe the blame is on Pac, Arum, AND Mayweather. I blame BOTH SIDES. You only blame ONE.

Goddamn. You can keep telling me Arum ruined it all for us and I'd be AGREEING with you. The thing is that in my opinion, Arum is not the only one who screwed boxing fans over.
          Last edited by Ruthless One; 08-19-2013, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I didn't say it. Why are you mad at me?
            Well what is he a liar or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
              Come on man, you are taking things out of context.

Manny's side wanted the fight and said so on numerous occasions but they also were saying that they are not going to act desperate about it. That is, if Floyd doesn't want it, we will move on!
              On numerous occasions? You mean whenever he was signed up to fight someone else? The problem was that Manny has a big ego and he didn't need to bend to Mayweather's demands. Pacquiao has shown he is stubborn with in fights with De La Hoya, Hatton and Cotto. I like to use Cotto as the prime example as he wanted Cotto (The champion) defend his title at 145 instead of 147. Fight almost didn't happen because of that reason. Manny made JMM and Bradley move up in order to fight him. Mayweather agreed to the 10Mil each lb over the weight limit of 147 but Manny could not agree to his random testing cut off? And this is fair to you? When separate en****** negotiate in business they have to make compromises if they really want to do business. Mayweather said yes to 50/50 and the weight penalty and Manny walked away from the random testing cut off. That's not fair business and it clearly shows who wanted the fight more. These are facts but yet Floyd was/is scared and has been putting up road blocks? Please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rafael Trujillo View Post
                You don't seem to be understanding one thing. I am AGREEING with you. I didn't say you're making things up. I don't have any problems and see TRUTH in that post you prepared. The only thing I believe we disagree on is that you believe the blame is on Pac/Arum ONLY. I believe the blame is on Pac, Arum, AND Mayweather. I blame BOTH SIDES. You only blame ONE.

Goddamn. You can keep telling me Arum ruined it all for us and I'd be AGREEING with you. The thing is that in my opinion, Arum is not the only one who screwed boxing fans over.
                I don't agree with you because Mayweather was at the table to make the fight years ago and Manny walked away from it. Everything else was/is a circus act. Top Rank clock, cut that won't heal in six months, stadiums, etc..... Did you notice how Arum did his job for JMM when he wanted the Bradley fight while Arum was persistent on making Pac/JMM 5? Arum does not want to work with Golden Boy or Mayweather! The man has said and proved it by blocking fights other than Mayweather/Pacquiao.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  Well what is he a liar or not?
                  You have to ask Roach because he said it not me. Also, Mayweather fight didn't happen did it? Oh let me guess..... You're going to say it is because of Floyd right? Hasn't Bob Arum got some articles/videos out there saying he doesn't need or want to make a Mayweather fight? He also has some saying he does. But reality is that he hasn't.

Comment

I don't agree with you because Mayweather was at the table to make the fight years ago and Manny walked away from it. Everything else was/is a circus act. Top Rank clock, cut that won't heal in six months, stadiums, etc..... Did you notice how Arum did his job for JMM when he wanted the Bradley fight while Arum was persistent on making Pac/JMM 5? Arum does not want to work with Golden Boy or Mayweather! The man has said and proved it by blocking fights other than Mayweather/Pacquiao.
                    Floyd is at least 80% responsible for the fight not happening. HE didnt want it and still doesnt. Move on.

Comment

I don't agree with you because Mayweather was at the table to make the fight years ago and Manny walked away from it.
                      Yes, in retrospect, that was a foolish thing for Pacquiao to do. All he needed to do was a blood test. I agree that he should have just went "You know what, I'll take the damn blood test, fight you, and beat you to prove you wrong." Manny's pride got in the way of a simple solution.

Which brings us to...

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                      Everything else was/is a circus act.
                      Yes, even with the stupidity, shenanigans, and excuses that we have been through from everyone, don't you want to see these two guys fight? Maybe I'm just hoping deep down inside that this fight still gets made somehow. I guess there's no escaping the business side of things in boxing.

Even if some fanboys (even Mayweather himself) say that "Pac had his chance" wouldn't boxing enthusiasts be happy to see these two fight anyway?
                      Last edited by Ruthless One; 08-19-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X