Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curtis Stevens offered 300K. Fight likely not to happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
    If you want to use the mainstream as the yardstick, the only two fighters people know are Mayweather and Pacquiao. I think that's a rather obvious. I'm only speaking relatively to the people in the small niche of boxing fandom
    There are boxing fans who don't even know who the MW champions are today. They don't know who the flw, bw, sbw, fw, lw, jww, jmw, smw, lhw, cw or hvw champs are. They can't name 1 champion let alone all 4. The guys are doing an ok job, but I see why they have to talk a lot. You just don't see these guys on the reg like in the past so social media is the way to go.

Comment

• Fans don't understand why Stevens peoples are asking for more money. The fighter called GG out, but his team is saying, weigh your options first. Fighters will fight. They want the glory.

I don't know the ratings or viewer numbers on NBC, but that's why they want to keep a guy like Stevens on NBC, and make sure that he's paid accordingly if he gets a title shot. Just be patient.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Fans don't understand why Stevens peoples are asking for more money. The fighter called GG out, but his team is saying, weigh your options first. Fighters will fight. They want the glory.

I don't know the ratings or viewer numbers on NBC, but that's why they want to keep a guy like Stevens on NBC, and make sure that he's paid accordingly if he gets a title shot. Just be patient.
        Yea, I really don't... especially when he has done absolutely nothing to earn the current offer.
        I'm surprised they even offered him that much at first

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Yea, I really don't... especially when he has done absolutely nothing to earn the current offer.
          I'm surprised they even offered him that much at first
          So what makes the last 4 guys GG fought so overwhelmingly better than Stevens? Not even better, more worthy?

Comment

So what makes the last 4 guys GG fought so overwhelmingly better than Stevens? Not even better, more worthy?
            Macklin clearly deserved his check. Arguably beating Sturm and pushing Sergio to the brink. (Proved he was at that level) He fought two champions and he beat Alcine, He has a fanbase and they showed up in force for the fight.

Curtis's has never fought for a major title.

Comment

Your life and what you earn has nothing to do with how you should view a guy who didn't take the FIRST offer given to him. When you started that job, did they tell you how much you would earn an hour, or did you negotiate your hourly pay?
              Hey if he can get more money great, just dont blow the fight over money because 300K is nothing to be sniffed at and like i said the big money will come if he's the fighter he claims.
              Meh, pricks told me what i was getting.... ****ers also told me it would go up with every qualification i achieved but has it bollocks!

Comment

Working...
              X