Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curtis Stevens offered 300K. Fight likely not to happen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
    I do my fighting for free dude. I also work 50 hours a week making a crappy £1450 a month so u will have to excuse me when i think its lame for a supposed contender to turn down the opportunity to fight on HBO for the biggest money of his career in a $300000 sum for the WORLD TITLE! Its what young fighters dream of. If he's the fighter he says he is he will win and go on to reign as champ making loads of bigger money...
    Your life and what you earn has nothing to do with how you should view a guy who didn't take the FIRST offer given to him. When you started that job, did they tell you how much you would earn an hour, or did you negotiate your hourly pay?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Possibly in these negotiations. We can't predict the future.
      And you think he deserves more? Ishida made that and he actually beat a guy worth talking about

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
        Geale was stripped the WBA title for not fighting GGG, however times may have changed being that Geale is fighting in America next week and has expressed interest in becoming a big name in the US. In order to do that he'll have to fight GGG. HBO would likely pay more money for Geale as well so we shall see. If Geale turns it down again, Hopefully Stevens steps up.
        Stevens and his team seem content with waiting to get the money they "deserve"
        Looks like Mora is up

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          Are you sure Rosado only got 150k? Rodriguez was offered 500k before Rosado took the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_owDNp4w_pA
          I think Rodriguez would probably be a main event, not undercard, maybe on a different date. So it'd get a bigger budget

Comment

Well if the winner is Barker it probably isn't happening (Hearn's words). Geale maybe.
            Why's that? Domestic shows?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lovci View Post
              Hmm, it amazes me that some of these guys think they are worth so much. You got a 2nd rate promoter, fight on a 2nd rate channel, and you were just offered your biggest payday. Take it...
              HBO is the second rate channel now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                second rate to who... showtime?
                Showtimes biggest rating is average for HBO

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                  Look at him

Everyone look at him and laugh

Comment

• Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Why's that? Domestic shows?
                    Hearn said a couple of times on Ifilm london that he wouldn't put Barker in with Golovkin as he's a beast. Basically the same tune all the potential opponents have been singing but Hearn is being honest about it.

I'm guessing he'd maybe consider the fight if Barker was offered a huge fee but Golovkin opponents aren't getting that at the moment. If Barker beats Geale domestic fights v Macklin and Murray are likely to be preferable options.

Comment

Hearn said a couple of times on Ifilm london that he wouldn't put Barker in with Golovkin as he's a beast. Basically the same tune all the potential opponents have been singing but Hearn is being honest about it.

I'm guessing he'd maybe consider the fight if Barker was offered a huge fee but Golovkin opponents aren't getting that at the moment. If Barker beats Geale domestic fights v Macklin and Murray are likely to be preferable options.
                      Hey, at least he's honest and honestly not surprised.
                      The better business move for him.
                      I don't like it, but see where he's coming from.

Comment

Working...
                      X