Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: No Movement on HBO Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what HBO does. They know Rigo has no upside, no national fanbase. Nothing. Only a handful of boxing purists to appreciate him. They can't have Rigo destroying all their little guy franchises. HBO is always going to pull strings, fix outcomes and sabotage careers when necessary.

Comment

I wonder if Rigondeaux will come out more aggressive after all this. I mean when he finally gets a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        I think hbo and the hbo subscribers agree with me.
        Rigo has only fought on HBO TV once, and it was against one of the best fighters in the lower weight divisions. He doesn't need to be the main event, but having him off the network completely is ridiculous.

Comment

Why don't they let Nonito destroy some bum and Rigo fight someone else on same card make main stream forget about the first fight and then hype re-match easy.
          Maybe I should work for 50cent get his fighters actually doing something.

Comment

He's failed to understand the level that we're operating on here.

He should film himself taking a **** and post it on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Rigo has only fought on HBO TV once, and it was against one of the best fighters in the lower weight divisions. He doesn't need to be the main event, but having him off the network completely is ridiculous.
              At least put him on some undercards or a co-main event.
              Put him on the Macao card... they'll appreciate a fellow gold medalist

Comment

No one really wants to see Rigo, other then his few fans.. I mean really he out pointed Donaire with a NON crowd pleasing back peddling, avoid confrontation style fight.. Donaire had to press the action which Rigo should of taken it from him..

Its just what it is, Rigo just isnt crowd pleasing..

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
                  No one really wants to see Rigo, other then his few fans.. I mean really he out pointed Donaire with a NON crowd pleasing back peddling, avoid confrontation style fight.. Donaire had to press the action which Rigo should of taken it from him..

If all you're interested in is "crowd pleasing styles." Hit up a local club or bar that shows lives fights. There, you'll get to see two fat ****s try and rip each other's head off until one is so tired he can no longer stand. HBO is supposed to show boxing at the highest level. And rightt now, there possibily is no higher level than Rigondeaux. And anyone that isn't outraged that as fans, we're being ****ed outta seeing what is possibily the best fighter in the world simply because he's too good for more celebrated and entertaining guys to compete with needs to seriously consider whether he's a real boxing fan.

Comment

Those head shots Rigondeaux slammed into Donaire with his straight left would have knocked down almost any other 122 pounder in the world - Donaire was just too damn big to really hurt. Rigondeaux is a sure thing vs any other bantantamweight in the business. He should be the co-main event of the October 5th Cotto card in FL - just give him any HBO approved bantantamweight like Hozumi Hasegawa or Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. I am sure they take the quick turnaround off their respective schedule for an HBO paycheck

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post

To you maybe. To a true boxing fan Rigo is a revelation.

Comment

Working...
                      X