No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BBBoC Explain Rejection of Chisora vs. Scott Protest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Changing the subject because you got pwned by the official rules?

I'm upset that the fight ended the way it did too because I wanted Chisora to continue dishing out a beating to Scott. It wasn't exactly a satisfactory end for me but rules are rules. KO6
    I'm not a fan of either Chisora or Scott but if a fight ends controversially I'm not looking to justify it any shape or form which a lot of people seem to be doing - Chisora probably would of won it going forward but every fighter deserves a chance, he was on his feet at nine a bit of common sense was needed on the night - I don't understand why folk can't see this but Scott deserved the chance, like Ravens Fan says if this had happened to Chisora in USA all Chsora fans would of cried foul play.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
      I'm not a fan of either Chisora or Scott but if a fight ends controversially I'm not looking to justify it any shape or form which a lot of people seem to be doing - Chisora probably would of won it going forward but every fighter deserves a chance, he was on his feet at nine a bit of common sense was needed on the night - I don't understand why folk can't see this but Scott deserved the chance, like Ravens Fan says if this had happened to Chisora in USA all Chsora fans would of cried foul play.
      That is a lie. He was still on the ground at 9 and was "counted out in the act of rising". Rules are pretty clear under the BBBofC.

If it had happened in the USA, then you'd have to consult their particular rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        That is a lie. He was still on the ground at 9 and was "counted out in the act of rising". Rules are pretty clear under the BBBofC.

If it had happened in the USA, then you'd have to consult their particular rules.
        We can argue all day from here to eternity about was he up at 9 or not but this will not do any favours to try and get the Wards and Mayweathers to the UK when most boxing fans with common sense know this was ended prematurely, a bit of common sense was needed - you reap what you sow.

Comment

We can argue all day from here to eternity about was he up at 9 or not but this will not do any favours to try and get the Wards and Mayweathers to the UK when most boxing fans with common sense know this was ended prematurely, a bit of common sense was needed - you reap what you sow.
          Well the video shows the referee reach 9 on his fingers and Scott's knee is on the canvas. So there's no real argument. I didn't say it didn't end prematurely but the referee was simply following the rules.

Comment

I believe the rules also state that each count is to be one second, so he didn't follow the rules by reaching 'out' immediately after counting nine.

Comment

Exactly. He said "out" like one tenth of a second after he said nine.

Scott should have gotten a full second after 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                I have seen fighters get up at the count of eight or nine that weren't even aware of what day of the week it was and they were allowed to continue. I am not saying it was right but Scott was not all that hurt and he clearly had his senses about him and it was a bad stoppage in my opinion. I am also far from being a Scott fan. With that said. The bottom line is this. Say the same thing had happened to Chisora in the USA I guarantee you that the Brit fans would be telling anyone that would listen to them how horrible of a stoppage that it was. Geez, the ref couldn't even count to ten. How can you screw up something so simple? Unless of course it was done on purpose.
                This is possibly true, but we'd never be in that position because a British fighter wouldn't stay down like that unless he was badly hurt, particularly in a foreign country.

Which begs the question, perhaps Scott was more hurt than is perceived, he did admit he was hurt post-fight.

You need to let the '10' thing go, it's explicit that UK refs say 'out'.

He wasn't up at 9, he was getting up which under the rules means he was still down.

Ward and Mayweather will go wherever they are paid the most, just like Thompson and Scott.
                Last edited by Weebler I; 08-08-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X