No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BBBoC Explain Rejection of Chisora vs. Scott Protest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some of these replies make me think humans are devolving quickly

lol at Goosen trying to overturn a decision using rules EVERY SINGLE BOXER IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE should ****ing know before they even turn pro. ******ed outcome to the fight, even more ******ed appeal.

Comment

The widespread criticisms missed the real problem with the count in my view. The rules are fairly clear and I don't see how someone could read them and still complain that the outcome is unjust because Scott was up or because the ref never counted ten.

The issue for me is that the referee immediately stopped the fight after reaching 9 (i.e. 9out and not 9.......out), meaning his count was roughly a second short; Scott had a good chance of meeting the criteria for being up had the count been an appropriate length, and I think it was unfair he wasn't given the full opportunity to do so.

And yes, rising so late was imprudent.

Comment

Nice KO by Chisora. Scott wanted out of the fight, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Counted out in the act of rising.
          Yes, counted out at 9.3 seconds or whatever the exact time less than 10 was.

Comment

Originally posted by shoulderroll View Post
            yes, counted out at 9.3 seconds or whatever the exact time less than 10 was.
            7, 8, 9, out

Comment

7, 8, 9, out
              Are you all so desperate that you cannot see a flawed stoppage for what it really was? I guess that it also doesn't matter that everywhere else on the planet it is actually 7,8,9,10 out, does it?

Comment

7, 8, 9, out
                7......8......9.......out, with a second between each count is appropriate.

7......8......9.out is how the referee counted.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                  Are you all so desperate that you cannot see a flawed stoppage for what it really was? I guess that it also doesn't matter that everywhere else on the planet it is actually 7,8,9,10 out, does it?
                  No it doesn't matter because the rules are explicit under the BBBofC.

Comment

It's always in favor of the home fighter isn't it. These refs are paid by Warren to do what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                      I'm not sure about that.

I've never been under the impression that a boxer can continue if they get up after the count of ten. I'm critical of the count, but not because Scott didn't get roughly 11 seconds to rise.
                      Last edited by Levity; 08-07-2013, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X