Comments Thread For: BBBoC Explain Rejection of Chisora vs. Scott Protest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Levity View Post
    I'm not sure about that.

I've never been under the impression that a boxer can continue if they get up after the count of ten. I'm critical of the count, but not because Scott didn't get roughly 11 seconds to rise.
    I have seen fighters get up at the count of eight or nine that weren't even aware of what day of the week it was and they were allowed to continue. I am not saying it was right but Scott was not all that hurt and he clearly had his senses about him and it was a bad stoppage in my opinion. I am also far from being a Scott fan. With that said. The bottom line is this. Say the same thing had happened to Chisora in the USA I guarantee you that the Brit fans would be telling anyone that would listen to them how horrible of a stoppage that it was. Geez, the ref couldn't even count to ten. How can you screw up something so simple? Unless of course it was done on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by Levity View Post
      7......8......9.......out, with a second between each count is appropriate.

7......8......9.out is how the referee counted.
      This right here.

It doesn't really matter if you prefer to call out 10 or "out." Just keep a steady, consistent count throughout....give the full 10 seconds...and don't rush the final number just because it's a foreign fighter.

Comment

That response from the BBBof C is pathetic - Scott was ready to continue if they are going to have international fighters coming to these shores common sense has to prevail or fighters from this country will have to go abroad, if they want to conduct these rules have them in domestic fights. Big name fighters will start coming here less and less I thought common sense had to prevail and my impression the occassion on that night was to big an occassion for that ref and he crumbled under pressure. In my book if a fighter is on feet before ten or in this case out let him continue this was petty and childish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          I have seen fighters get up at the count of eight or nine that weren't even aware of what day of the week it was and they were allowed to continue. I am not saying it was right but Scott was not all that hurt and he clearly had his senses about him and it was a bad stoppage in my opinion. I am also far from being a Scott fan. With that said. The bottom line is this. Say the same thing had happened to Chisora in the USA I guarantee you that the Brit fans would be telling anyone that would listen to them how horrible of a stoppage that it was. Geez, the ref couldn't even count to ten. How can you screw up something so simple? Unless of course it was done on purpose.
          You are correct and I think Byrd somes this up perfectly:

http://www.************.com/2013/07/...r-malik-scott/

Comment

Chisora wouldn't be stupid enough to not know the rules of whichever governing body sanctioned the fight. 7, 8, 9, OUT.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Chisora wouldn't be stupid enough to not know the rules of whichever governing body sanctioned the fight. 7, 8, 9, OUT.
              So, what rule is that is it that the BBC only counts to nine? I figured I could find a good example to nullify your point and I found it. When Haye knocked down Barret in the 4th round for the fourth time. Ole Monte got up at nine and the fight was allowed to continue. And he was clearly hurt and wobbly. So, I have to ask which ref was following the correct BBC rule, the one in the Scott-Chisora fight or the one in the Haye-Barrett fight? Want another one? When Haye knocked down Harrison Audley was clearly given a long count. He did not get up for ten seconds. Don't believe me? I suggest you count it yourself. He was also clearly hurt and out on his feet but again the fight was allowed to continue. So maybe it is just simply that British refs cannot count. I will also say it again if the situation was reversed and it happened to Chisora in the USA you Brits would be crying a river about how he was robbed.

Comment

So, what rule is that is it that the BBC only counts to nine? I figured I could find a good example to nullify your point and I found it. When Haye knocked down Barret in the 4th round for the fourth time. Ole Monte got up at nine and the fight was allowed to continue. And he was clearly hurt and wobbly. So, I have to ask which ref was following the correct BBC rule, the one in the Scott-Chisora fight or the one in the Haye-Barrett fight? Want another one? When Haye knocked down Harrison Audley was clearly given a long count. He did not get up for ten seconds. Don't believe me? I suggest you count it yourself. He was also clearly hurt and out on his feet but again the fight was allowed to continue. So maybe it is just simply that British refs cannot count. I will also say it again if the situation was reversed and it happened to Chisora in the USA you Brits would be crying a river about how he was robbed.
                Scott was still on the floor at 9, he was "counted out in the act of rising".

Comment

The "out" is 10, it's not hard to understand.

8-9-out
                  8-9-10

The fight ends on 10, Brit refs just use out instead of saying 10.

Comment

Hin Ravens Fan - don't even bother debating with Dirk Diggler Uk is is obviously a fan of Chisora who has repeatedly drag the sport I love through the mud- Chisora is a thug and should be banned from ths sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
                      Hin Ravens Fan - don't even bother debating with Dirk Diggler Uk is is obviously a fan of Chisora who has repeatedly drag the sport I love through the mud- Chisora is a thug and should be banned from ths sport.

Changing the subject because you got pwned by the official rules?

I'm upset that the fight ended the way it did too because I wanted Chisora to continue dishing out a beating to Scott. It wasn't exactly a satisfactory end for me but rules are rules. KO6

Comment

Working...
                      X