Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Didn't Fell There Was Anything Wrong In The Margarito Cotto Fight - Kenny Bayless

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    What? I can't. Please explain.
    While he won, Margarito took a beating of his own in the Cotto fight. It's possible that, having finally reached the top after winning a war, that he, or his trainer, or both, knew Margarito wasn't the same guy and were desperate to keep him at the top after so long trying to get there. Add in Mosley's proven chin, and maybe they made the decision for that fight.

I'm not going to argue he wasn't cheating against Cotto. I don't know, and don't feel like arguing about it. I could see how Mosley might be the first time he tried though.

Comment

I think everybody on here has already made up their mind if Margarito cheated in the Cotto fight or not except for a few that just say they don't know for sure. I don't think Margarito cheated in the Cotto fight. He was losing the fight until the last few rounds. If he really had "bricks" in his gloves how could Cotto take so many cleans shots without going down? Cotto has never been known for his great chin and he had been hurt and down many times in past fights against smaller weaker punchers than Margarito. I thought Margarito beat him because of his relentless attack of over 100 punches a round, not because of loaded gloves. When Magarito hit Cotto as many clean punches as he did in the late rounds he did not need loaded gloves to hurt him and mess his face up.The rules of boxing call for a member of the boxing commision and a member of Cotto's team to be there when Margarito wraps his hands. After the fight Margarito took off his gloves and was hugging people and shaking hands and doing interviews. Commom sense tells me if he knew his wraps were loaded and illegal he would have left his gloves on and got out of there as soon as possible. Those are some of my reasons for thinking Margarito beat Cotto fairly.Others are just as sure Margarito cheated and they have their reasons for thinking this and I am not trying to change their minds. Margarito is out of boxing now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        While he won, Margarito took a beating of his own in the Cotto fight. It's possible that, having finally reached the top after winning a war, that he, or his trainer, or both, knew Margarito wasn't the same guy and were desperate to keep him at the top after so long trying to get there. Add in Mosley's proven chin, and maybe they made the decision for that fight.

I'm not going to argue he wasn't cheating against Cotto. I don't know, and don't feel like arguing about it. I could see how Mosley might be the first time he tried though.
        After Mosley look absolutely, and I do mean absolutely HORRIBLE against Mayorga?

Comment

After Mosley look absolutely, and I do mean absolutely HORRIBLE against Mayorga?
          Exactly plus Cotto had already beat mosley

Comment

Comment

Ah...your weekly Margarito revisionist history fanboy circle-jerk thread.

Comment

Ref was thinking the same thing in the Resto-Collins fight

Comment

If you remember correctly before the Mosley fight Margo was MIA. He was supposed to fight in an earlier date but needed more time to recover.

Mosley started taunting him that he was afraid to fight him

Comment

Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
                    Exactly plus Cotto had already beat mosley
                    @ ALL of this.... and I mean all of it

Comment

Completely agree with Bayless. An entire generation of fans and media embarrassed themselves. It was Salem all over again.

Comment

Working...
                      X