Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which win over RJJ was the most impressive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which win over RJJ was the most impressive?

Out of all the guys who beat him who do you think scored the biggest accomplishment?
    Antonio Tarver
    82.09%
    Glen Johnson
    7.46%
    Joe Calzaghe
    7.46%
    Other (Montell Griffin, Bhop, Danny Green, Denis Lebedev)
    2.99%

None of them. Jones was past his prime. If I had to pick, Tarver of course.

Comment

Tarver and its not even close. The rest were just a shot man being beaten to death.

Comment

If Roy Jones used his jab more, he'd still be fighting at a very high level to this day.

Roy may be the single greatest ring talent of all time or at least top 5 in terms of talent, but George Foreman once said that the jab is the best punch in boxing. I agree.

Jones could jab, but he never relied on it. Had he used it against Tarver, he wins the rematch imo. Going to heavy and coming back down to lhw killed Jones.

I used to say that myself, Roy, Dawn from EnVogue and Emmit Smith were born to roll because we are all the same age lol.
        Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 07-31-2013, 01:06 AM.

Comment

It couldn't be much more cut and dry could it? And let's be honest, Tarver being the first to legit beat Roy was beating a past it Roy that already edged him out after losing like 40% of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenGloveLove View Post
            It couldn't be much more cut and dry could it? And let's be honest, Tarver being the first to legit beat Roy was beating a past it Roy that already edged him out after losing like 40% of himself.
            Exactly. Jones always stayed strong for 12 rounds. He was weak after 6 rounds, and fought on guts alone for the next 6 rounds.

Comment

Tarver hands down. RJJ still had that unbeatable aura so it was such a shock to see RJJ lose. Not only did he lose he got TKO'd. To see RJJ down and HURT was unreal.

I still remember that horrible night:

WHAT???? NOOOO WAY!!!!!!!!! ROY...GET UP! GET UP! GET UP!............NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. A few minutes later...."Did that really happened??? That's what went through my mind when Tarver landed that big punch.

I almost cried when this happened

Comment

Tarver easily

Comment

The magic man made Jones disappear in their second fight got any excuses tonight Roy classic.

Comment

This thread wouldn't exist if Jones Jr. did not go to heavyweight and starve himself down to light heavy again.

Comment

Working...
                    X