Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tim Bradley damaged goods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote yes, he'll never be the same and I think JMM might stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
      We gotta wait to see but a fight like that takes something out of a guy. He took a beating.
      No doubt. Fights like that usually take a toll on the body. That was a big shellacking he took. If he were KO'd by Provo after that war, I'd say his days would be numbered.

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
        No doubt. Fights like that usually take a toll on the body. That was a big shellacking he took. If he were KO'd by Provo after that war, I'd say his days would be numbered.
        Yeah me too. He's lucky he survived it. I think his punch resistances is what to we need to watch for in his next fight.

Comment

Physically he should be just fine. However, it's very possible that he may have suffered some temporary neurological damage a (mild concussion) from his previous bout with Ruslan Provodnikov. While he was damaged in that fight, other than that I can not foresee any long term damage to his career. I say this because for one, he was in tremendous shape for that fight. Judging by his leg movement, the number of punches he threw which was well over a thousand and from the amount of powerful punches he absorbed as well; Which unlike, the Chavez/Taylor bout, didn't require any hospitalization, other than checking himself in for a CT scan with the results coming back negative. Just drawing from that conclusion alone, the punishment he took in that fight appeared a lot worse than what it actually was.
          Last edited by champion4ever; 07-22-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

i think mentally he might be done....should have a loss against pac (and was ridiculed by the boxing community), he went out against provodnikov with something to prove and almost got taken out (and the fans boo'ed him after and some even felt he should have lost that fight)...

bradley is mentally damaged on top of being physically done imo.......he shouldn't even be p4p top 10...

i think marquez (with heredia's steroids) should have no problem KO'ing bradley unless bradley fights smart and moves around rather than trying to engage like he did with provodnikov..

Comment

I don't think he'll be the same. I don't think he's shot, but that Prov fight took SOMETHING out of him. Like others have said, we'll see how he looks against JMM. I expect his punch resistance to be lower and possibly his athleticism/movement to also be lower.

Comment

We'll find out soon. Bradley is a tough SOB. Though, I don't necessarily think losing to Marquez means "damaged goods". Marquez isn't an easy out for anyone.

Comment

between the holt, pacquiao, and provodnikov fights..he's taken some bombs. it wouldnt be out of the question if there's some physical damage. it's not like marquez hasn't taken his share either though (especially in that last pacquiao fight). this fight could end up surprising a lot of people in terms of action depending on what both guys bring to the table.

Comment

Bradley is a boxer compared to a brawler/boxer like Manny. To different styles at play, also Marquez knew Manny much better and I think is a major factor in the role of Manny being knocked out. Bradley didn't lose so his confidence shouldn't be shook he just fought a dumb fight. It remains to be seen if the damag3 he took will affect him but im sure he will fight smarter than last time out.

Comment

Originally posted by gauze View Post
                      between the holt, pacquiao, and provodnikov fights..he's taken some bombs. it wouldnt be out of the question if there's some physical damage. it's not like marquez hasn't taken his share either though (especially in that last pacquiao fight). this fight could end up surprising a lot of people in terms of action depending on what both guys bring to the table.
                      I forgot about the Holt fight. Holt dropped him twice with big time shots and he recovered very well.
                      Last edited by antrecasner; 07-22-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X