No announcement yet.

Is Tim Bradley damaged goods?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gauze View Post
    between the holt, pacquiao, and provodnikov fights..he's taken some bombs. it wouldnt be out of the question if there's some physical damage. it's not like marquez hasn't taken his share either though (especially in that last pacquiao fight). this fight could end up surprising a lot of people in terms of action depending on what both guys bring to the table.
    Marquez is pretty much shot. He was on his way to getting stopped by Pac until he landed the perfect punch. His hands can still do it, but his legs are gone.

Question is how much does Bradley have left after the war with Provodnikov? I think chances are he has enough left to decision Marquez. But...if that Provodnikov fight took a lot out of him we are looking at a fight with a lot of drama and action.

Marquez has an ace in the hole, his accurate punching. Bradley was able to take anything that Provodnikov landed to the head extremely well...until he got hit square on the chin, that's when he got wobbled badly.

If Marquez can land on the chin at the right time it's nighty-night for Bradley, if Marquez can't he loses a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Blankenship View Post
      Marquez is pretty much shot. He was on his way to getting stopped by Pac until he landed the perfect punch. His hands can still do it, but his legs are gone.

Question is how much does Bradley have left after the war with Provodnikov? I think chances are he has enough left to decision Marquez. But...if that Provodnikov fight took a lot out of him we are looking at a fight with a lot of drama and action.

Marquez has an ace in the hole, his accurate punching. Bradley was able to take anything that Provodnikov landed to the head extremely well...until he got hit square on the chin, that's when he got wobbled badly.

If Marquez can land on the chin at the right time it's nighty-night for Bradley, if Marquez can't he loses a decision.
      yeah, i think bradley might try and go for the stoppage and really put the pressure on marquez if bradley thinks jmm is vulnerable and deteriorated.

like you said, marquez has that accurate punching. should be an interesting and telling fight at the very least. i hope marquez hangs em up win or lose though. i don't wanna see him go the way of guys like james toney, roy jones, and shane mosley.

Comment

I think Bradley, if he trains as hard as usual, will be just fine. He's cut from the same cloth as Holyfield, and we all know about the wars he was in. I don't ever expect Tim to fight a dumb fight again. I think he's thinking long term and wants to be one of the greats. In order to do that, he needs to take the Mayweather approach. He needs to fight smart and use his skills. If he does that, Floyd is probably the only guy that will beat him at 147.

Comment

I honestly think he's just lost the drive he used to have. After the Pac fight I remember him saying that he's not gonna care anymore what people think & he's just gonna get his money.
          Since that fight, it seems like his weight in between fights has definitely gone up so maybe the love just ain't there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            so if the judges had given ruslan the fight bradley would be damaged but because they gave it to bradley he's ok? i dont think his body recognizes the difference. he's clearly shot.
            A lot has to do with how the fighter copes mentally and the win gives a lift and a loss a downer. It is not so much the body that is the issue unless there is brain damage,it is how they cope with it emotionally and mentally. a good example is Cotto after his beating by Margarito, it was the beating combined with the loss that put him on a downer. Had he won that fight I don't think he would have slipped as much.

Comment

make no mistake about this fight.. this will be a chess match and tim will show the people JMM's real age..

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                The damage tends to be done when you lose a fight like that not win it. It is unlikely he will take as big a beating again and that is something that can work for him rather than against him.
                Go say that to Marvilla, Jr took his soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  A lot has to do with how the fighter copes mentally and the win gives a lift and a loss a downer. It is not so much the body that is the issue unless there is brain damage,it is how they cope with it emotionally and mentally. a good example is Cotto after his beating by Margarito, it was the beating combined with the loss that put him on a downer. Had he won that fight I don't think he would have slipped as much.
                  bradley took a beating in the pac fight but the judges said he won. so he should have been mentally feeling great right? then he goes into the ruslan fight and gets beat to hell even worse. if all trends hold he will be destroyed against marquez, maybe they will say he's the winner when he's out cold on the canvas, after all it is boxing. If they do that he will still be mentally strong.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                    I think Bradley, if he trains as hard as usual, will be just fine. He's cut from the same cloth as Holyfield, and we all know about the wars he was in. I don't ever expect Tim to fight a dumb fight again. I think he's thinking long term and wants to be one of the greats. In order to do that, he needs to take the Mayweather approach. He needs to fight smart and use his skills. If he does that, Floyd is probably the only guy that will beat him at 147.
                    I agree with ya post,but Bradley mentality won't allow him to ever go the Mayweather route..He's not as defensively responsible as Floyd and when hit Bradley will answer not just move..I like him to beat Marquez,but he can't never fight how he fought against Prov again..I mean I never known Bradley to willing trade in almost every rd..He was trying to take Prov out,and that's never been Bradleys style..

Comment

Working...
                    X