No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roberto Duran Advises Canelo To Maul Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    LOL which is more reason Duran is 100% correct. If you aren't as fast, or as quick of hands, you pressure and cut the ring off. It's boxing 101. Floyd can't run forever and it's a ring, there's ropes and a limit to where he can go.

Also, it's not like Canelo is slow, the man is pretty fast and can move very well. I think some of you really underestimate what Canelo can do athletically.
    canelo is not fluid in the ring, esp for a counter puncher. he doesnt move forward much nor backwards. its odd, he likes to stay in the center and take his time countering. his footwork isnt all that.

Comment

the thing that i like about canelo in this fight is his combination punching and bodywork. i remember flinching every time i saw him land a beautiful bodyshot on shane...

canelo has too many question marks in his game at this point in his career... floyds got enough pop to keep guys honest, i wonder how canelo will take a solid counter down the pipe... and the obvious stamina issue + his tendency to let off the gas some rounds.

i honestly have a hard time imagining canelo "mauling" floyd. if floyd is mobile like he was for guerrero, then i can see a very LONG and frustrating night for canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by zackrocha View Post
        Duran, Leonard, hearns, Haggler, Aaron Prior, All Would've Done That successfully. Not CaneloThough
        All of them huh? Duran quit against a mobile fighter and Haggler would eat rights all damn day with his head 1st style and wide punches.

Comment

Lmao at the guy that said hagler would rts all night from floyd.
          And duran is rt . Target the body and ill add ,mix in jabs to the head.
          Canelos 1 demand should have been a small ring . Imagine a small ring and floyd truely unifying at 154, not drained 152

Comment

Canelo needs to fight his own fight and box to his strengths, if he goes in there trying to change everything about himself and do what is alien to him, then he might risk losing

Better off to stick to what you know best and what got you this far

Comment

I think you need to try different plans to beat Floyd. His biggest strength is his ability to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                All of them huh? Duran quit against a mobile fighter and Haggler would eat rights all damn day with his head 1st style and wide punches.
                My head is about to explode.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  My head is about to explode.
                  Too much of that weed in your avi.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                    Too much of that weed in your avi.
                    LOL, meth but still a good one.

Comment

Alvarez has to be nobody but himself in order to beat mayweather, if he aproaches this fight like he did austin trout-he will win cause he will box and land hard significant punches-trout beat cotto up but he could never touch canelo even when canelo was taking breaks during the rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      Error

An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
                      Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details.

Faithfully yours, nginx.