Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roberto Duran Advises Canelo To Maul Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i agree with duran somewhat...canelo's definitely gotta break money down to beat him....if he boxes too much, or waits to counterpunch against floyd he's playing floyd's game...

most important thing is whatever he does he's gonna get countered, so be in the best shape of your life...also, he's gotta stay focused, mentally tough, and keep comin' everytime he gets hit...floyd opponents usually get frustrated and quit before the 10th round, canelo's gotta be the hungriest dude out of the two for 12 rounds and hope floyd has lost a step...hell if i was canelo i'm the naturally bigger dude... i would jab my way in and lean on him to start sapping floyd's best assets his speed and strength...

Comment

• Canelo is not a pressure fighter he won't use the mauling strategy
      Last edited by MrClutch85; 07-18-2013, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Arguably Mayweather's two toughest fights were against intelligent and skilled pressure fighters. Obviously the style works enough to give him trouble. Duran is the king of skilled pressure fighters. Boxers trying to pressure him and failing like Guerrero doesn't mean pressure doesn't work.

And of course the old, "Leonard fought ******ly" argument. No, Leonard fought like he always did and Duran beat him.
        In the lead up to their 1st Fight, Duran got into Ray's Head, by questioning his Manhood,
        Hitting on Ray's Wife Etc., and Leonard came into the Fight Pissed, wanting to take Robert's Head Off, and the Result was a Boxing Classic!!!
        The No Mas fight, had Ray Running like a Thief. Duran came for a Fist Fight, and found Himself in a Track Meet....It took some Balls to say, NO MAS!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
          canelo has too many question marks in his game at this point in his career... floyds got enough pop to keep guys honest, i wonder how canelo will take a solid counter down the pipe... and the obvious stamina issue + his tendency to let off the gas some rounds.
          Yeah there will be some really ugly moments for Canelo.

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
          People are obsessed with agression, power, ko, they all think that people like Duran, Margarito, Pacquiao would beat Floyd...
          Never ever mention Duran and Margarito in the same sentence again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Yeah there will be some really ugly moments for Canelo.

Never ever mention Duran and Margarito in the same sentence again.
            ahahahha you're totally right what have i done

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              He wasn't that flat-footed in the first Duran fight either. Duran was forcing him into the ropes and forcing him to fight.
              lol yeah ok if thats making you happy thinking that and comforting you in your thinking that this style easily beats guys like Leonard or Floyd go on, but anobody who knows something about this sport knows that Leonard didnt fight his way in the first fight because it was an ego war, thats what cost him the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                lol yeah maul him ahahah like it has never been tried before. That style didnt work at all against Leonard who was slick on his feet ( beside the first fight where Leonard fought ******ly). People are obsessed with agression, power, ko, they all think that people like Duran, Margarito, Pacquiao would beat Floyd... That's why Floyd is undefeated, people know **** about boxing...

People need to try something different against Floyd, I think somebody with a GREAT jab can bother Floyd. The time Ive seen Floyd the most bothered was trying to avoid Oscar and Cottos jab. Also a guy with equivalent speed and footwork would cause him trouble.

A guy like Leonard would have given Floyd problems, not the Margaritos Matthysse and Pacquiaos of this world...
                Why did Twinkle Toes, Look For, and find reasons, not to Fight a In Prime PacMan??

Comment

• I think Floyd would of beat Duran. It took me a while, but I really do think Floyd would of beat him. I understand there's a mystique around Legendary fighters whilst in comparison to current fighters, but all bias aside, thinking objectively, I think Floyd is the better fighter, and Roberto was a tremendous talent, one of my favorites.

Comment

• As beautiful as this sport is, remember Boxing is also one shady mutha fudger!!

All this talk about Canelo not having sufficient stamina, this is all from the Trout fight. And honestly I believe he meant to give that impression, I wouldn't be surprised if Team Canelo came up with the idea of giving that impression to bait Mayweather into a fight. Well....whoomp there it is!!!

Call me crazy, "Canelo fanboy" but honestly, real talk, true boxing fan here. And it really seemed like Canelo just laid back and toyed with Trout. Definitly not Canelo's A-game.

Canelo not ready for Mayweather? Since when has Money fought a young/prime, strong fighter like Canelo. You could say well, there is Ortiz, but we saw the bull**** that happen there. De La Hoya in 2007? 5-6yrs ago?!!

You ask me, Mayweather has gotten way too comfortable fighting guys who, from the start are at a disadvantage. And with the idea that Canelo lacks in stamina and experience, oh boy!....can't wait!!

Comment

• All Duran was saying is Canelo doesn't have to focus on the head. He could hit the shoulders and any part of the body. I remember some well-known boxers saying the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X