Maidana-Broner, Thurman-Soto Karass, Santa Cruz-Ceda RbR & Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner Sparring Lydell Rhodes

Comment

• Broners lack of activity might be his downfall in this fight, maidana struggles with movers and guys who throw a lot of punches. Obviously we might see a Broner who shows more movemnt and who throws more punches.

I just see Maidana getting a lot of chances to throw punches, no problem if he doesn't land anything good but what happens if he does, how will broner react?. this is a really interesting fight and a tough one to call. i want Maidana to win but i'm not sure but i'm looking forward to this big time.

Comment

• Why there are still no odds for this bout? There were for December 7 card already month ago
        oddschecker.com/boxing
        Last edited by ARENA; 12-02-2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
          You realize that broner has yet to face a big puncher right? For the first time in his boxing career hes going to feel some grown man power. Broners been too accustomed to the mosquito bites from gavin rees, eloy perez, paulie etc. Maidana is going to turn his world upside down.
          Yes I do realize that...I also realize that if Maidana catches Broner and it does nothing then what is the plan? To me Maidana has a plan A and that's about it. Pray his power hurts Broner, nobody knows how well he can take a punch yet remember that, and then yes this will be a simple KO for Maidana and a lesson for Broner. But if Plan A fails what else is Maidana capable of doing? I think we can both agree going of boxing ability Broner will edge this fight "if" he's able to take Maidana punches. You just can't assume Maidana's power automatically wins him this fight until we see how Broner reacts to that right hand.

Comment

• This one is tough. I say Broner decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              Broner by stopage!

I feel crazy saying it but i just get that weird feeling that hes too fast and will land at will.

I got Broner over Maidana in a dominant decision...maybe even a stoppage!?!?!?

That is..of course...if Broner can take his power or just capitalize on the fact marcos is pretty f ucking slow.
              I'm not so sure. I'm wondering if Broner is all he's hyped up to be? There's something about this kid that suggests to me that he may burn out sooner than some expect. He's flashy, loud, obnoxious and wild. I see him losing his focus on boxing, and if Maidana is able to focus, this could be Broner's toughest fight.

Comment

• Im picking and rooting for maidana here. I think he has the experience and boxing skill along with garcia in his corner to land hard over the course of the fight and the workrate/killer instinct to put him outta there.

Comment

• Gorilla Productions :

Comment

• 50/50 fight

At first I was pissed when this fight was made. I was like of course broner gets out of 135 to avoid Abril/Vazquez/gamboa has a tough time against Paulie so of course GBP is going to keep broner far far away from any type of mover.

Maidana that was Taylor made for broner is in the past. He's no longer Taylor made for broner there's just a high probability that broner will win. Demarco, Rees, Paulie, were all able to land on broner

People seem to want to compare de leon to maidana. But Ponce is extremely faster than Maidana and a much craftier fighter. Although we all know Maidana can end this fight with 1 punch

Maidana Flaws:
                    Slow hand speed/predictable ****ed back winding shots
                    Shown weak body in the past (new condition coach so may not be a factor)
                    Lack of defense (although it has been improving)

Broner Flaws:
                    Has shown to be hittable
                    Has shown to be stationary (May not be a factor)
                    Punch output could be a factor

Maidana keys to success:
                    Set up punches with new powerful Jab
                    Strong looping right hook upstairs
                    Stay on the outside, Broner is the better inside fighter
                    One punch can change the fight something Broner hasn't fought

Broner keys to success:
                    Shorter compact punches
                    Better inside fighter
                    Faster hands
                    Very Accurate

To me this fight is a toss up. Broner is very beatable. Not my ideal fight, I'd much rather see broner get his ears boxed off by a technition. But for the mean time this fight is gonna be exciting.

Broner UD/ Maidana Ko
                    55% 45%

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      You realize that broner has yet to face a big puncher right? For the first time in his boxing career hes going to feel some grown man power. Broners been too accustomed to the mosquito bites from gavin rees, eloy perez, paulie etc. Maidana is going to turn his world upside down.
                      I agree. Has Broner ever faced the punching power of someone like Maidana? I don't think so. Also, Maidana is the naturally bigger man. Broner is moving up. So two questions beg to be asked; can Broner bring his power, and can he take a good shot?

Comment

Working...
                      X