Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: I Can Beat Golovkin and Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
    Golovkin does not have the legs/movement that Martinez has in the ring so your point is pointless! Golovkin whether you like it or not is there to be hit. So, the idea that he would do to Chavez what Pac did to Margarito is beyond ridiculous! Again, Golovkin is not Martinez! Stop the nonsense!
    You act like Martinez is so hard to hit, Murray managed to drop him multiple times and Murray isn't the best attacker. Chavez is just not a great fighter full stop, he just has heart and chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      That was with same day weigh ins. Chavez already has a size advantage over every other middleweight, now he wants to start fighting them another 5-8lbs higher.

If Chavez can't make 160 then it's time for him to move on. Bika is a winnable fight for him and it'd be pretty fun.
      Of course Chavez Jr. can't make 160 -- he just said that...
      He would take the Bika fight precisely because Bika is old by now.
      In my opinion Chavez Jr. would rather go for Ward next, at SMW. Ward is not a big puncher (please do not quote the Dawson fight to me)... Chavez may think that he could handle out Ward...

Comment

Only way this fight happens is if Golovkin signs with Top Rank, no way they put their arguably 2nd biggest draw against a killer like GGG.

That's the real reason Top Rank won't co-promote with GB, Top Rank almost went to shit in late 2008 early 2009 when Hopkins and Mosley killed 2 of the biggest stars at Top Rank. If Manny hadn't demolished DLH Top Rank would have been hurting bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
          No, he just said that he can fight at middleweight.
          "Golovkin and [Daniel] Geale are the best at 160-pounds, Sergio Martinez is out. I believe that if Golovkin wanted to fight me at 168-pounds, I could knock him out. There is nobody else who could beat him out right now. I can also fight [Golovkin] at middleweight, but it would be better to fight him in the middle or at 168, because if I don't have to struggle with the weight and I go in the ring strong - I can knock him out," Chavez said.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MDPopescu

Quote:
            "Golovkin and [Daniel] Geale are the best at 160-pounds, Sergio Martinez is out. I believe that if Golovkin wanted to fight me at 168-pounds, I could knock him out. There is nobody else who could beat him out right now. I can also fight [Golovkin] at middleweight, but it would be better to fight him in the middle or at 168, because if I don't have to struggle with the weight and I go in the ring strong - I can knock him out," Chavez said.

Well... I see you are more attentive to the literal quotes and not to the contextual sense... Chavez said he can make 160 but he would better fight at 168 or 165... A denotative, context free assertion would have looked like that: "I'll fight Golovkin at 160". Period.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              Golovkin would easily fight at 165 -- when he was 22 of age he won the Olympics precisely at the 165 (i.e. middleweight division for amateurs).
              A Chavez Jr. fight would bring GGG the biggest purse in his career.
              same day weigh in though

Comment

Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                You act like Martinez is so hard to hit, Murray managed to drop him multiple times and Murray isn't the best attacker. Chavez is just not a great fighter full stop, he just has heart and chin.
                The guy has a lot of power too, plus he can take a punch and he, like 3G, is most effective along the ropes. I think 3G would beat him but it would not be a cake walk. Jr is a pretty big guy and sparring bigger guys is one thing but eating hooks from one in the ring is quite a different thing.
                Last edited by mathed; 07-05-2013, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MDPopescu
                  Golovkin would easily fight at 165 -- when he was 22 of age he won the Olympics precisely at the 165 (i.e. middleweight division for amateurs).
                  A Chavez Jr. fight would bring GGG the biggest purse in his career.

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  same day weigh in though
                  Sure...

I think you wanted to imply that Chavez Jr. would walk over 180 -- the same Ward or Froch (who both called GGG) would walk...

Comment

Fight makes all the sense in the world, especially at 168. The winner would create a high profiled opponent for Ward.

Comment

this bout wouldn't happen 4 a year & by then jr , even w/his diuretics wouldn't make '60, let alone beat GGG...

Comment

Working...
                      X