Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez Jr: I Can Beat Golovkin and Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
    Who does Chavez think he is? What a fool. "Martinez is out." Er, Martinez gave you a TOTAL BOXING LESSON for 11 straight rounds last September. Made you look like the overhyped, slow plodder you are until you had a minute and a half of glory in the final round.
    I am pretty sure he meant Martinez is out injured...

Comment

Originally posted by illpapi View Post
      Golovkin does not have the legs/movement that Martinez has in the ring so your point is pointless! Golovkin whether you like it or not is there to be hit. So, the idea that he would do to Chavez what Pac did to Margarito is beyond ridiculous! Again, Golovkin is not Martinez! Stop the nonsense!
      He would easily do a repeat of Pacquiao vs Margarito on Chavez Jr...
      Chavez Jr is too much of a junkie, GGG is the better boxer and the harder puncher it would be man vs boy.

Comment

This would be a brutal, bloody fight. One that I would love to see.

I think we would get to see how hard Golovkin really hits if he fought guys like Chavez Jr or Froch with their iron whiskers. I think he makes a bloody mess of Chavez's face and stops him around 8-10.

Comment

In my opinion it takes a powerful and durable Mexican to actually provide GGG with a decent opposition...

Comment

When you're up against GGG it's not only your jaw that matters.

Your body better be able to take wrecking balls and sledge hammers.

Comment

i knew this was coming. bika is a washed up brawler. and no way does this big mouth chavez jr fights GGG. jr is using his name and also wards name to promote himself and stay in the papers. he's never fighting ward or GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                Golovkin would easily fight at 165 -- when he was 22 of age he won the Olympics precisely at the 165 (i.e. middleweight division for amateurs).
                A Chavez Jr. fight would bring GGG the biggest purse in his career.
                That was with same day weigh ins. Chavez already has a size advantage over every other middleweight, now he wants to start fighting them another 5-8lbs higher.

If Chavez can't make 160 then it's time for him to move on. Bika is a winnable fight for him and it'd be pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilrain View Post
                  Who does Chavez think he is? What a fool. "Martinez is out." Er, Martinez gave you a TOTAL BOXING LESSON for 11 straight rounds last September. Made you look like the overhyped, slow plodder you are until you had a minute and a half of glory in the final round.
                  Yea, he almost knocked Martinez out though. If you think that was luck, then go watch another sport. Last thing Jr is, is scared of making the big fights.

I don't think the kid is great, but he's a fighter.

Comment

There isn't a huge size advantage imo. Chavez fights somewhat tall but he has never struck me as a guy that uses his jab that well. Unless Chavez becomes a much improved fighter, GGG at any weight would really light his ass up.

I'd say there is no reason to even consider this fight but Chavez does have a good chin and despite the size advantage being not that big of a factor, it still is there to an extent. I'd just like to see it because GGG would really put on a show but Chavez will take a really bad beating with how slow he moves in the ring. It would be a pretty entertaining fight.

Comment

Most fighters tend to struggle with the move to 168 from 160. Look at Pavlik, Abraham and Miranda. All had issues. When you depend on power, the 8 pound jump can effect you.

Comment

Working...
                      X