No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: I Would've Made Canelo Suffer, Go To 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    Oscar doesn't call the shots in terms of any paydays when it comes to Floyd's fights. Golden Boy only gets paid a small fee. They only have say over Canelo. And Showtime can't force Floyd to anyone, or refuse to pay. Just not part of the deal, but they were willing to get Floyd at all costs. Even knowing they'd likely lose money over it. They can definitely ask or suggest a fighter though.
    After the Ghost Bomb, Showtime wasen't going to stand for another NO HOPPER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jbpanama View Post
      Evan the FRAUDEETS are abandoning the Ship!!!
      Never been one, but i do think hes the best, just let yall think that. Its easier than going round and round with some of you. And been saying it for awhile now that Canelo is the future of this sport and if these two fought i would stand on this side of fence but since i use common sense when it comes to Floyd and not pure hate yall think im a Fraudeet or whatever name you want to call me.

My avi is even tribute to Canelo

Comment

Whats the difference between this and what Freddie Roach was doing with Pacquiao?? Nothing.

Roach picked Manny's opponents from morgues and made no secret about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckToothed View Post
          The problem with the "fight already signed" argument is that Sr said the same thing prior to the fight getting signed.
          They were truly looking to drain Canelo at 150, but partially succeeded with a 152 CW instead.

If Sr is so concern with Jr fighting bigger guys, then maybe he should advice Jr to fight at 140 instead.
          But they didnt get him to 150 and the fight is signed. So argue a moot point if you want to

Comment

Originally posted by dlee020420 View Post
            Oh ok well you better hope canelo doesn't take that round off like he usually does and mayweather stands toe to toe... it's going to start off like the ortiz fight canelo well get frustrated and it'll start to look like the guerrero fight
            Ive actually only seen or heard about this stamina issue after his last fight, which it did appear that way or maybe it was that Trout throws a million jabs. Either way Canelo will catch Floyd and this will be done

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
              Whats the difference between this and what Freddie Roach was doing with Pacquiao?? Nothing.

Roach picked Manny's opponents from morgues and made no secret about it.
              WTF does pacquaio have to do with Mayweather vs Canelo? Now I know most of ya'll don't have a damn leg to stand on when you run for the Pacquaio card. Pacquaio has never run around calling himself the best of anything..

Comment

Dummies will argue anything just for the sake of arguing. Floyd has already signed to fight Alvarez. People are still butt-hurt and looking for anything to complain about regarding Mayweather.

Mayweather brings out the inner GIRL in grown men. It's a laughing shame.

Even Manny Steward was very selective with how he matched his guys up. If Manny was in charge of Sugar Shane, the Winky fight would have never happened.

Part of being a SUPERSTAR is being skilled in the matchmaking department. It's been a hallmark of boxing since it's Genesis.

Why else would none of the top white heavyweights fight Jack Johnson or any other black boxer back in the day??

I digress though... I'm making too much sense for the common bird brained hater on NSB to comprehend.
                Last edited by malcolm; 06-13-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  Floyd has a chin. Mosley popped him solid and he took it, as well as other big hitters. Chin is not issue
                  If so, Why has until now FRAUD, for 10 years has Avoided Cat' with the BIG CHINGASO?
                  Last edited by jbpanama; 06-13-2013, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    Ive actually only seen or heard about this stamina issue after his last fight, which it did appear that way or maybe it was that Trout throws a million jabs. Either way Canelo will catch Floyd and this will be done
                    Alright well see homie can't wait either

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      WTF does pacquaio have to do with Mayweather vs Canelo? Now I know most of ya'll don't have a damn leg to stand on when you run for the Pacquaio card. Pacquaio has never run around calling himself the best of anything..
                      This thread is about Mayweather Sr's comments, not just the May-Canelo fight specifically.

I used FREDDIE ROACH (not Pacquiao) as a point of reference as a trainer that ADMITTEDLY cherry picked opponents based on their record, weight, and level of threat.

Can you not comprehend the obvious link there? Or do you need it broken down in even simpler terms?

Comment

Working...
                      X