No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Sr: I Would've Made Canelo Suffer, Go To 150

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malcolm View Post
    This thread is about Mayweather Sr's comments, not just the May-Canelo fight specifically.

I used FREDDIE ROACH (not Pacquiao) as a point of reference as a trainer that ADMITTEDLY cherry picked opponents based on their record, weight, and level of threat.

Can you not comprehend the obvious link there? Or do you need it broken down in even simpler terms?
    Don't start that condescending bullshh because you will not win that battle sucka. There is a funny irony of you defending your choice of names but picked that one name out of all the names of fighters one could use for an example of that practice..like Floyd hasn't build his career virtually in the same manner.

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    There are articles written a long time ago explaining exactly why Floyd Mayweather gets disgusting high money for his fights. It's all based on how his fight deals are structured, and how he bears a lot of the financial risks. The New York Times wrote the following a long time ago:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/sp...r%20Jr.&st=cse

After you read that, come back to me and tell me again that it's Golden Boy that pays his purse or guarantees him any money. Golden Boy has nothing to do with his money. And you think Floyd Mayweather would leave HBO, where he controlled the cards, and switch to another network, and have less power? He has even more leverage/power than he did with HBO. And that's why the deal was made.
    Oscar still guarantees Floyd money up until Showtime signed him..Nytimes gets facts from p.r. people. People who actually pay him his money have state otherwise. If showtime and GBP don't then Floyd would be fighting Khan or Alexander. Why would you take a risk when you aren't known for taking risks unless you were pressured into and could earn the same money for less work? Just think on that longggg and hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
      Atleast he fought SRR, Floyd JR woulda ducked his ass.
      I think you mean leonard

Comment

normal 154 pounder but he doesnt believe its fair to let these guys put on nearly 20 pounds overnight. Thats why he says that. Its funny how he's a ***** for wanting Canelo to come to 150 but Canelo's not a ***** for having a 20 pound advantage in fights where most of his opponents have come from lower divisions

Psh. If Canelo can make 154 it doesn't matter what weight he rehydrates to by fight night

Don't the Mayweather's .. Roger at least hype that "skills pay the bills?"

if that's the case, why does the 152 catchweight matter so much?

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Nonsense both Cotto and De La Hoya ballooned like hell the day after the weigh in but it's a convenient arguing point because here is a guy who actually poses a legit threat. You have an issue at 154 don't fight there period. Cheating the system? How many guys has Floyd JR fought who haven't had the proper time to adjust to 147? Plenty..two fights in a division is not a proper adjustment..if we want to be technical about it let's pull up the marquez vs mayweather situation and we can talk about unfair.
          I agree with this post.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            The Mayweathers are cowards hahaha. They love to drain fighters. Why doesn't Floyd fight at 135??? Let's see how he feels. Idiots.
            LOL you're an idiot Floyd is a Welterweight since when does he have an obligation to fight at a disadvantage at 154lbs?
            If he wanted to he could have just told Canelo to fawk himself and force the fight @ 147.
            If Canelo wants the payday he would have no choice but to come down.
            You're crying about Floyd shaving off 2lbs but want him to fight at 135? What an idiot.
            Boxing should bring back same day weigh ins then bums like Chavez and Canelo would always have to fight guys their own size.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
              normal 154 pounder but he doesnt believe its fair to let these guys put on nearly 20 pounds overnight. Thats why he says that. Its funny how he's a ***** for wanting Canelo to come to 150 but Canelo's not a ***** for having a 20 pound advantage in fights where most of his opponents have come from lower divisions

Psh. If Canelo can make 154 it doesn't matter what weight he rehydrates to by fight night

Don't the Mayweather's .. Roger at least hype that "skills pay the bills?"

if that's the case, why does the 152 catchweight matter so much?
              if thats the case then why not fight the Klit' bros? Skills pay the bills but I dont care if you are SRL, SRR, or whoever, sooner or later the weight will be too much for you. With that being said, Floyd is still taking the fight so its not like he's not doing it

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                We know Senior. You don't ever want your boy to take a risk.
                ^^^ THIS exactly ^^^
                Wonder what Pop would say if asked why his boy can't seem to fight in the weight class he owns a belt in? HA!

Comment

Yeah chirp pac for fighting cotto at catch weight, talk all this **** about how you wanna fight guys at their best weight... unless of course its inconvenient for you. He is such a hypocrite its ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Of course you would..just like you made Paul Williams chase your son for 4 years and never gave him a fight. Hell this fight wouldn't have been made if it wasn't for Showtime and Oscar refusing to pay $32 million for a fight with either Khan or Alexander. I don't really like to have animosity towards athletes but these guys make it hard to like them.
                    ya those dam mayweathers doing what every other boxer does but those dam mayweathers i hate em

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                      if thats the case then why not fight the Klit' bros? Skills pay the bills but I dont care if you are SRL, SRR, or whoever, sooner or later the weight will be too much for you. With that being said, Floyd is still taking the fight so its not like he's not doing it
                      Yeah they jump over the part that Floyd went from 147 to 152 , so by Floyd Snr saying what he wanted people hate on Jnr for not doing it , some moronic haters in this forum .

Comment

Working...
                      X