Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbes says Mayweather lost Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now we know why the numbers were never released.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Paragonpony View Post
      $12 million on the last fight.
      *********.com/Boxing/mayweather-could-pocket-50-million-from-clash-with-alvarez-202175
      Finally some truth coming out.

I know that there has been forums on this but I went back to page 10 and couldnt find them so I started a new one. I really wanted the Tupac guy on this forum to read this after all the garbage he has been posting.
      This is exactly why I was saying that Mayweather is fighting Canelo so soon instead of letting it build into a mega fight. Showtime is quick to recoup those lost revenues from the Guerrero fight. Floyd made over 32 million while Showtime lost 12 million.....CBS ain't going to just let that slide.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
        Exactly. Mayweather-Canelo will be huge. A $12 million loss isn't that big to a major company like Showtime.
        Their yearly budget for 2012 was 28m, so that's pretty major. Basically if they had 12m to waste, they would have been America's #1 boxing network a long ago, by a long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Their yearly budget for 2012 was 28m, so that's pretty major. Basically if they had 12m to waste, they would have been America's #1 boxing network a long ago, by a long shot.
          Yup........

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
            Exactly. Mayweather-Canelo will be huge. A $12 million loss isn't that big to a major company like Showtime.

I hope you're joking lmfao.

Some people would literally take a bullet to defend their ghetto God.

Comment

@Heroband,
              Thank you for bringing some sense to people (like Vilicous86) who do not understand how businesses work; they are there to make a profit not lose money like a government organization.
              So many think "oh it's a corporation so they can lose money and not notice it", but that is not how it works. $12 million is a bunch of money to anyone.

Comment

He is an investment not just to profit off him but with other fighters as well to position themselves as the new top dog in boxing and judging as of late they are succeeding and it will be worth the $.

Comment

Originally posted by Paragonpony View Post
                  $12 million on the last fight.
                  *********.com/Boxing/mayweather-could-pocket-50-million-from-clash-with-alvarez-202175
                  Finally some truth coming out.

I know that there has been forums on this but I went back to page 10 and couldnt find them so I started a new one. I really wanted the Tupac guy on this forum to read this after all the garbage he has been posting.
                  This is nothing more than speculation. Unless they provide some proof from legitimate sources, it is no different than Fat Dan Rafael citing anonymous sources for his bogus PPV numbers. In fact, their story is probably based on Fat Dan' lie.

Comment

who fault is that? They are the ones who Guaranteed him Money to get him to go to Showtime exclusively so I am sure Mayweather doesn't give a **** about Showtime losing money to be honest just as long as he gets his GUARANTEED money

Canelo vs Mayweather will likely help the network recoup with they lost plus a lot more I am sure but after that then what for the next 4 Fights? Alexander or Khan? I am trying to remember when was the last time a fight was announced without ever doing a press conference together that was strange

Comment

Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      This is nothing more than speculation. Unless they provide some proof from legitimate sources, it is no different than Fat Dan Rafael citing anonymous sources for his bogus PPV numbers. In fact, their story is probably based on Fat Dan' lie.

Forbes is one of the most credible sources on the planet in terms of financial statistics.

Comment

Working...
                      X