No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Angulo quit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I think you need to concede that there's a negative connotation when using the word "quit" in boxing and sports in general.

Again, it's semantics to be honest but i think we need to be honest in the way people are accusing Angulo of "quitting".

He couldn't go on because of a serious injury, the man is far from a quitter and one of the toughest dudes in boxing. To equate what he did to anything else remotely close to "quitting" is not doing the man justice.

He couldn't continue because of an injury, much different than quitting in the way most use this word here.

No... he chose not to continue because of the injury.

Shielding him from saying he didn't quit does an injustice to those who FOUGHT THROUGH injuries and didn't quit.

Comment

• Do you guys remember the fight between Billy Collins and Luis Resto?

Thank Christ nobody got injured in that one.

Comment

• Which 2 of these 4 statements are injuries?

1: A broken jaw

2: A broken jaw

3: A broken orbital bone

4: A broken eye socket.

Remember to only take 2.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
            He quit but I didn't lose any respect for him.
            Precisely.

There's no shame in quitting when you're in a position when you can be seriously hurt and your career could be over due to it.

There's only a very small few that would fight on in Angulo's position. I don't blame him for quitting when he did.

But denying that he quit is just absurd to me. When a fighter get's punched in the face and in result get's a bone broken then opts to stop fighting then that is literally the definition of quitting. If he wanted, he could have continued. He'd have been in astonishing pain, but the point is he could have continued if he wanted but he chose not to.

Every situation of quitting isn't the same, Ortiz quitting against Madiana isn't the same as Angulo quitting against Lara.

And even then, some of the biggest warriors in the sport have quit. Doesn't mean they aren't warriors. Every boxer who puts thier life on the line every time they step in the ring is a warrior.

Sonny Liston fought almost an entire fight with a broken jaw. Yet quit on his stool against Ali.

I don't think anyone could doubt Duran being a warrior, but he quit against Leonard.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, it's the right thing to do to fight another day. Doesn't take away the warrior in these men.

Comment

• This is not as bad as it looks. Abraham is not really injured.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Oh I get it, we're pretending the doctor stopped Angelo from fighting, and that Angelo didn't turn his back and walk away from the fight.

Comment

• Still lulzing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    I think you need to concede that there's a negative connotation when using the word "quit" in boxing and sports in general.

Again, it's semantics to be honest but i think we need to be honest in the way people are accusing Angulo of "quitting".

He couldn't go on because of a serious injury, the man is far from a quitter and one of the toughest dudes in boxing. To equate what he did to anything else remotely close to "quitting" is not doing the man justice.

He couldn't continue because of an injury, much different than quitting in the way most use this word here.
                    He could not go on?
                    Please, he was still on his feet, stopped, turned around and started walking to his corner.
                    Angulo is about to go into websters for the definition of quitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                      Are you fuking ******ed? Do you know who Adrian peterson is? He's a running back for the Minnisota Vikings who tore his ACL last season you fuking Moron!
                      I couldn't care if he tore his arm off mid-game and it was flailing around, if he makes the decision to stop playing, he quit.

I'm astonished that a thread about Angulo quitting has gone over the 300 post mark.

'no he didn't quit' , 'he just didn't want to continue because he was injured'

Comment

Working...
                      X