Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Posts Only Truth"

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Respectfully, your problem is you think broken is the same in every case. you cant assume every broken bone is equal. Ortiz jaw was a compound fracture. was abrahams?

Labelling it quitting because another fighter with a similar type of injury kept fighting is always problematic, unless you know they both have the exact same degree of injury.

I dont see how angulo could continue to fight given his injury. We agree you can play hurt but you cant play injured. Angulo was injured, ortiz was injured. Margarito and abraham weren't. if they were they couldn't of continued.
      your taking nuthugging to a whole new level brah

so the broken orbital bone that margarito sustained , he should of "quit" right.same goes for abraham , can i ask you why they didn't quit? i'll answer for you............because they have something deep down inside of them that won't allow them to quit. here's a famous quote for you!

“Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”

on the night of there injurys , abraham , paulie and margarito had that will. angulo didn't , he "quit"

Comment

• A broken jaw is not an injury? So not only the definition of quitting has been changed but also being injured as well? Consider me educated today thanks boxingscene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
          A broken jaw is not an injury? So not only the definition of quitting has been changed but also being injured as well? Considere me educated today thanks boxingscene.
          Only if it fits into your argument... then it's ok.

Comment

• Other fighters who finished a fight with a broken jaw : Pernell Whitaker, Tommy Morrison, Sonny Liston, Muhammad Ali, Takefumi Sakata, Ray Mercer, Jess Willard, and Razor Ruddock.

Thankfully, none of them were injured.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist
                We have a culture now, here in our Western nations, a culture where men quit. They quit on their jobs, they quit on their families and they quit on their selves. All of that is forgiven because it's deemed ok. Of course we are going to have **** trying to defend "men" like Angulo!
                Whoa. Calm down, dude. Nobody is faulting Angulo for quitting except you. We're just having a bit of fun with the new definitions of the words 'quit' and 'injury', coutesy of Dumb ****etts and Big Dunn.

Comment

• He quit but I didn't lose any respect for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I think it's about time for Dunn to pull a No Mas right about now
                    I think you need to concede that there's a negative connotation when using the word "quit" in boxing and sports in general.

Again, it's semantics to be honest but i think we need to be honest in the way people are accusing Angulo of "quitting".

He couldn't go on because of a serious injury, the man is far from a quitter and one of the toughest dudes in boxing. To equate what he did to anything else remotely close to "quitting" is not doing the man justice.

He couldn't continue because of an injury, much different than quitting in the way most use this word here.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      some people seem to think that the definition of the word "quit" changes if you respect the fighter in question.

angulo stopped boxing, held up his hand, and turned away. that is the definition of quitting.

he's not a coward, but he did quit.
                      This is where it should end.

Did Angulo make the right decision in quitting? I think so. He thought his career and health was more important and will live to fight another way.

Some fighters have no quit in them and will never quit no matter what. I.e Margarito.

But by actual definition, Angulo quit fighting. This is a stone cold, black and white, clear, undeniable fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X