No announcement yet.

Reason's Why Wladimir Klitschko Is Not An ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
    Well actually no it's not, Wlad is not top 10 HW for you so please tell us who's on your list and why they deserve to be there but Wlad does not..
    i'll just pick 10 random names-ali, frazier, louis, norton, holmes, jack johnson, frazier, holyfield, schmeling and Tyson. They all have wins better than anything wlad did.

2nd tier hwt champs floyd patterson, liston, johanssen all have wins better than wlad.

3rd and 4th tier hwt champions bowe, moorer, leon spinks, buster douglass, mccall, rahman,-that all have at least one win that is better than wlads best.

Comment

Chris Byrd and Haye do
      wow. its posts like this that make posters hate klit fans.

we can agree to disagree that wlad is an atg. but to post that chris byrd and david haye-2 guys that may not get into the hall of fame-are anywhere near two HOF'ers just to elevate wlad is garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        i'll just pick 10 random names-ali, frazier, louis, norton, holmes, jack johnson, frazier, holyfield, schmeling and Tyson. They all have wins better than anything wlad did.

2nd tier hwt champs floyd patterson, liston, johanssen all have wins better than wlad.

3rd and 4th tier hwt champions bowe, moorer, leon spinks, buster douglass, mccall, rahman,-that all have at least one win that is better than wlads best.
        Being ATG is not only about great wins (which Wlad has) but also about longevity and accomplishments in this sport. For me being dominant for almost 10 years now is ATG material..Schmelling, Buster Douglas, Moorer, Rahman, McCall, Johansses, Liston, Leon Spinks...seriously?

we can agree to disagree that wlad is an atg. but to post that chris byrd and david haye-2 guys that may not get into the hall of fame-are anywhere near two HOF'ers just to elevate wlad is garbage.
        You can say what you want about David Haye but he's a great fighter, one of the best in CW history, and TOP 3 Heavy today. I can't stand this idiot but he's HOF. Byrd has wins over Holyfield, Tua, Vitali...IMO he's very underrated fighter.

Comment

And what is any of this supposed to mean when Wlad simply beats 80% of those fighters.

They have better resume...OK...I understand...I guess...

But the man beats em!

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
            Put up Tyson's and Holme's best wins...
            Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Give me 15 better heavies than Wlad.
            These fools are asked who are Klit's best wins and they dodge the question because they can't answer it.

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            It's blatant who the one crying in this thread is.

I'm not changing anything, by you proclaiming Wlad as an ATG is an attempt to force change. So it's you who should be putting forth the case that he deserves to be an ATG.

Where's this list?

I hope you include that geezer with 6 heavyweight fights too.
            I've said for a long time that Hooks'n'You and Szef99 are Tunney's alts.

Sultan Ibragimov
            Sam Peter
            Chris Byrd
            that geezer
            Chagaev
            Brock

Now please list Tyson's, Marciano's and Holmes top 5 wins

Chris Byrd and Haye do

So true, pal.

Comment

1) Fought in a very weak era.

2) Got sparked twice by average fighters, who are nowhere near HOF's.

3) Very boring style. You might critisize this, but look at all other ATG heavyweights. Louis, Tyson, Foreman, Dempsey, etc. You need to be exciting to be thrown into contention for an ATG heavyweight most of the time. Some such as Lewis weren't as aggressive or exciting as the most exciting, but at least he fought in a very good era. He beat Holyfield, Tua, he beat a faded Tyson but nonetheless a still dangerous Tyson. Lennox never took on no Mormeck's, Pianeta's or Wach so late into his title reign.

Comment

Being ATG is not only about great wins (which Wlad has) but also about longevity and accomplishments in this sport. For me being dominant for almost 10 years now is ATG material..Schmelling, Buster Douglas, Moorer, Rahman, McCall, Johansses, Liston, Leon Spinks...seriously?

You can say what you want about David Haye but he's a great fighter, one of the best in CW history, and TOP 3 Heavy today. I can't stand this idiot but he's HOF. Byrd has wins over Holyfield, Tua, Vitali...IMO he's very underrated fighter.
                i think longevity and domination make him a hof'er. I dont think repeatedly beating tony thompson and beating byrd and haye (and lets be real here haye was putrid and wlad only slightly better-not wlads best night) is atg material.

all of them have better wins than wlad and you know it.

david haye is a top 3 hwt. that in and of itself should clearly illustrate the lack of quality in the divison.

ok if you feel the win is underated. but dont put byrd in the same class as spinks and norton just to make wlad have a hof win. thats infuriating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                  And what is any of this supposed to mean when Wlad simply beats 80% of those fighters.

They have better resume...OK...I understand...I guess...

But the man beats em!
                  like i said, if this was ps3 we'd pick wlad because we can manipulate the games with his attributes.

in real life, wlads chin is still wlads chin. the great fighters will find his chin. the ones wlad competes against can't.

so its not a given he beats them

Comment

Wlad will get HW ATG status when he's done
                    just depends on how long a list people choose to make up
                    he doesn't have any great wins on his resume at all
                    just a ton of decent to good wins that keep piling up
                    not his fault he's in a weak era for his division
                    he wipes out all relevant names there though, so he gets some props

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                      Wlad will get HW ATG status when he's done
                      just depends on how long a list people choose to make up
                      he doesn't have any great wins on his resume at all
                      just a ton of decent to good wins that keep piling up
                      not his fault he's in a weak era for his division
                      he wipes out all relevant names there though, so he gets some props
                      agree to a certain extent. wlad is his generations larry holmes. both had their legacy reduced becasue of the comp they fought. maybe thats fiar maybe its not.

that said, larry holmes had better guys to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X