No announcement yet.

What division has had the most all time greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What division has had the most all time greats

Id say its probably between heavyweight, welterweight and middleweight. I think they have had the most fighters who could he considered truly great or at least hall of famers in them.

this is actually a great question...each weight class has had it's fair share of ATGs...you're gonna probably need some historians to chime in on this one

Comment

Most of the truly marquee names that spring to my mind are WW's, MW's and HW's too, but there's also a lot of guys who skipped divisions too, so it's probably a lot more difficult to answer than we realise.

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
        Id say its probably between heavyweight, welterweight and middleweight. I think they have had the most fighters who could he considered truly great or at least hall of famers in them.
        When I saw the title that I was coming here to say.If I had to chose Il say the heaviweight division.

Comment

The lightweights, clearly. If you're considered a consensus top ten/fifteen in that weight division in the ATG rankings, you're as legit as they come.

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
            The lightweights, clearly. If you're considered a consensus top ten/fifteen in that weight division in the ATG rankings, you're as legit as they come.
            I was about to say lightweight too. It's the deepest division. For marquee ATG it's the heavies obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              this is actually a great question...each weight class has had it's fair share of ATGs...you're gonna probably need some historians to chime in on this one
              Yea, there's too many old school fighters from way back in the day I know I'd overlook. I probably shouldve posted this in the history section lol

Comment

Originally posted by Juicy J View Post
                Yea, there's too many old school fighters from way back in the day I know I'd overlook. I probably shouldve posted this in the history section lol

you know who you could hit up about this? Cliff Rold...he's one of the best writers for this site and i remember him compiling these types of lists..i think he made one for every division...try sending him a message and we just might get an article out of it!

Comment

135, 147 and 160. they are original weight classes but have also had many fighters that excelled in 2of 3 or all 3.

Comment

i gotta go with super middle. a long tradition of great fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X