No announcement yet.

What division has had the most all time greats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    TS is saying which division has the MOST not the BEST ATGs.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    I know. I was just saying that the list a previous poster provided didn't have the numbers, but the names of the ATG legends combined is enough to be among the best division of all time, even without the sheer volume of ATGs.

I wasn't saying it was the best, but just impressed me, looking at those names.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS
      Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

TS is saying which division has the MOST not the BEST ATGs.

I know. I was just saying that the list a previous poster provided didn't have the numbers, but the names of the ATG legends combined is enough to be among the best division of all time, even without the sheer volume of ATGs.

I wasn't saying it was the best, but just impressed me, looking at those names.
      Oh I wasnt directing my post to you. I just had the impression some people were going by which division has/had the best names.

Comment

Oh I wasnt directing my post to you. I just had the impression some people were going by which division has/had the best names.

My fault bro.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS
          Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

My fault bro.
          All good my man. I meant to say *at you. Fail English.

But I do agree with you that those names alone could be enough but the HW imo is no joke either.

Comment

Why you biting my head off, bro?

Comment

All good my man. I meant to say *at you. Fail English.

But I do agree with you that those names alone could be enough but the HW imo is no joke either.

Yeah, HW is filled with a who's who of ATGs. One of the posters had a good list of HWs, and it didn't even include Jack Johnson, Rocky Marciano, Jack Dempsey, Klitschko. That's how deep HW was.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                Yeah, but we're judging based off amount of ATGs at a certain division at the same moment in their careers, and where they really made a name for themselves. Obviously Duran/Pea, Armstrong are recognized as one of the GOAT LWs, but his abilities were there at WW to still consider him a WW.

The fact that they were all players at WW, with the inclusion of the GOAT and other ATGs makes that list sickening.
                the holy trinity of ross canzoneri and mclarnin plus duran, benny leonard, whitaker, ike williams and joe gans wipes out anything welter has to offer. those guys are all legit top 30 atgs there.

whatd hearns even do at welterweight besides beat a plodding cuevas?

Comment

Gun to my head, I probably go Welter today but the real answer is probably whatever division I'm studying on a given day from Feather-Middle

Comment

Welterweight, because the some of the great Lightweight and Middleweights went up to or started their reigns their.

Think about Henry Armstrong, Kid Gavilan, Emile Griffith, Jose Napoles, Barney Ross, Zivic, Ted Lewis, Carmen Basilo before even thinking of the big newer names like Ray Robinson, Ray Leonard, Duran, Hearns and then guys like Trinidad, Mayweather, Pacquiao Whittaker, Chavez. Is De La Hoya an ATG welter? (he has wins over Whittaker, Chavez, Camacho, Carr, Quartey and Gatti)

The list goes on. Heavyweight has the biggest names but in terms of quantity it's gotta be Welter but Lightweight and Middleweight have some claim.

Comment

Originally posted by bravestone View Post
                      the holy trinity of ross canzoneri and mclarnin plus duran, benny leonard, whitaker, ike williams and joe gans wipes out anything welter has to offer. those guys are all legit top 30 atgs there.

whatd hearns even do at welterweight besides beat a plodding cuevas?
                      He existed, and was a wrecking machine at WW. What did Floyd do at 135, besides beat Corrales and Castillo? Do we still not recognize his skills and physical greatness at that weight?

Comment

Working...
                      X