Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soul is Lost.....

Kostya Tzu - BS
    when Tszyu made Judah do the chicken dance (at 140) Money was campaigning at 130. 1 yr later Money moved up to 135 and took on Castillo twice (I'm sure that was his plan to avoid Tzu) and stayed there for the next 2 years. When Money 1st moved to 140, Tszyu was nursing an injured shoulder. Tszyu fought Sharmba Mitchell in early November 2004 and before Money's 2nd fight at 140 in January 2004, Tszyu announced he was fighting Hatton on Dec 12 2003.

Manny Pacquiao - BS
    you know good and g0d@mn well this was Arums doing... agree to disagree

Antonio Margarito - BS
    yeah because an old Mosley k.o.ed this fool just before fighting Money means nothing... the fact you think Marg had a chance (without loaded gloves) is laughable

Sergio Martinez - possibly

Shane Mosley - BS
    Shane is on record saying the issue was timing... neither fighter was ready when the other came calling.... but I guess that's Money's fault

A prime Cotto - BS
    Cotto was 31 at the time...

The one thing we can agree on is that Canelo has no chance

Comment

• Originally posted by itsafight View Post
      That's why he ducked Pacquiao.
      Manny Ducked Floyd.
      Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      I actually think PBF is HOF worthy but then again so is Gatti. Having said that I could list 5 fighters Floyd avoided, some of them were guys he fought later, when they were past their primes, so anyway here goes:

Kostya Tzu
      Manny Pacquiao
      Antonio Margarito
      Sergio Martinez (after claiming he was willing to meet Martinez at 154)
      A prime Shane Mosley (claiming that Mosley had lost too many times)
      A prime Cotto (claiming Cotto had lost to Margarito and was no longer valid)

That's six, you get a bonus.

In terms of this fight, I'm not as excited as most. I just don't think Canelo is a dangerous opponent, yes he has enough power to stun opponents but he isn't a huge hitter like a Golovkin or a Matthysse. He couldn't even damage faded and much smaller fighters like Rhodes, M Hatton, Lopez and co. In fact, for at least 6 rounds, Trout was out boxing Canelo thoroughly and people tend to forget the fight was extremely close.

This will not be a fun fight to watch, Floyd will pop Canelo from a distance, do a quick one two on the inside and dance away, repeat the process fo r12 rounds in a dull affair against a guy who is too slow on his feet, has stamina issues (152 might make it worse) and is way too open for straight shots.

Easy win for the Pretty Boy.
      Don't forget he didn't fight DLH in his prime either. Though that's not really his fault.
      Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      @ Lara beating Mayweather.

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
      After Floyd lands a few jabs to the body, Canelo will be huffing and puffing by round 4. It's easy to catch Canelo upstairs when you set up the jab to the body. He has no chance of beating Floyd if he try to box with Floyd in the center of the ring.
      This.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ichee
        I see Floyd stopping him due to his abhorrent stamina, he started to fade a little around the 6th round against Trout. Around the middle rounds is when Floyd figures his opponents out and have them broken down mentally when they are literally confused. Your stamina does not only effect your strength but you mental will as well. I think Alvarez seeing the other man still as fresh as he was in the beginning of the fight and hitting him even more easily while he is breathing harder and slowing rapidly he will quit. Floyd also will go to the body I believe in this fight, especially in the beginning if Canelo try to pressure him.

Canelo needs to be improving his stamina right now as the fight is in 3 months after today. Mayweather can stop Alvarez, especially if he goes to his gut like he did against Guerrero in the 8th round.
        Yes Canelo gasses, but it's not like Floyd is a high volume puncher himself, just far more accurate. It's not impossible for him to stop Canelo, but I wouldn't bet on it. Canelo will probably be discouraged and tired, but so was Marquez and Floyd was physically bigger and stronger than him, and JMM heard the final bell. Unless Floyd fights with venom he hasn't shown in awhile, Canelo will hear the final bell and lose a clear decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ichee
          Floyd last time out against Guerrero you can see him putting a lot of mustard on his punches. I see Floyd actually doing the same thing and once Canelo start fading he will walk him down with straights and uppercuts. Yes I said uppercuts like how if he connected Cotto with a few more times than he did, Cotto would had gotten out of there. JMM tecnacity and will is second to none in the business of boxing, this the guy who got knocked down three times in the beginning of the fight and fought back harder and some believe he won the fight. Canelo never was faced with adversity like JMM so you can't compare them. Canelo I doubt will hear the final bell if he don't improve his stamina, you heard it hear first.
          He COULD have gotten Cotto out of there, but he didn't. He doesn't feel that need to press unless the circumstances are perfect and I don't see that changing against biggest, strongest opponent he's ever faced. Canelo's face might mark up, but Floyd will not stop him.

Comment

• T-minus 90 days

Comment

• I got 50 Billion or whatever you wanna bet, that Floyd stops Canelo
              with whoever.
              (Taking Multiple Bets)

Comment

• I'm betting the same thing. Floyd stops Canelito.

Comment

• Waiting on the pre-order tickets to go on sale

Comment

• Any updates or links to any information on ticket sale date and prices?

Comment

• Former Floyd Mayweather fan telling it like it is.....Respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X