Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not, Andre, Carl Froch Holds The Cards at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lmao at these froch fanboys and brits, acting like theyr getting paid what Froch does. If all you care about is money your watching the wrong ****ing sport dickheads. Froch will never be on Wards level and when they retire, Ward will always be on a higher echolon. Altho Froch may make more throughout his career what the ****is that too you. Sven Ottke made a killing fighting bums at home, how far did that get him legacywise??? look at calzaghes b!tch ass!
    At the end of the day Ward will be an ATG(despite making less) and Froch and Calzaghe will not.
    Fans who talk about money arent fans they are stans. I care about legacy

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Froch beat even more opponents but still has more and better options, I really don't get how Ward falls backwards even though he is the man at 168.
      Wards resume>>>>>>>>Frochs resume

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
        lmao at these froch fanboys and brits, acting like theyr getting paid what Froch does. If all you care about is money your watching the wrong ****ing sport dickheads. Froch will never be on Wards level and when they retire, Ward will always be on a higher echolon. Altho Froch may make more throughout his career what the ****is that too you. Sven Ottke made a killing fighting bums at home, how far did that get him legacywise??? look at calzaghes b!tch ass!
        At the end of the day Ward will be an ATG(despite making less) and Froch and Calzaghe will not.
        Fans who talk about money arent fans they are stans. I care about legacy
        Ah yes, every American sport > every other world sport. I get it now...

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          The truth is, like it or not, NOBODY cares about Ward. NOBODY.

Just a few muppets online who get illegal streams anyway.

There is no MONEY in Andre Ward, he is boring in the ring, he has no personality

I know all the hardcores are going to go off "he got tha skills dat pay tha bills"

Well sure, he does, we seen it. Everyone seen it, and nobody cares.

Ward has 2 options, either dance to the tune of Froch and Hearn or, go elsewhere cap in hand and try get paid, it's on him but don't make out he's some star because he isn't.
          Froch though cares about Ward -- the Ward II fight in UK would bring him big money... Froch's fans dream about a KO win (just because everybody knows that Ward can't be defeated by decision) .
          On another hand, Hearn (Froch's promoter) is looking to make Ward understand the he can't get a purse of about $7 mln -- as the American dreams...

(In case Ward doesn't agree with a lets say a $4 mln purse, B-Hop could came first...)
          Last edited by MDPopescu; 05-28-2013, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Froch though cares about Ward -- the Ward II fight in UK would bring him big money... Froch's fans dream about a KO win (just because everybody knows that Ward can't be defeated by decision) .
            On another hand, Hearn (Froch's promoter) is looking to make Ward understand the he can't get a purse of about $7 mln -- as the American dreams...
            Great post. Froch is the money man, whether Andre likes it or not.

In terms of support and interest, a 70/30 split would be fair; even generous

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
              If God offered Froch a win over Ward but he had to sacrifice his purse to get it, I think he'd do it.

His legacy means everything to him, he's always talking about it and how important it is to him.

The reality is he's no:2 and he doesn't feel he can beat the no:1 guy. Deep down - he's shared the ring with him and knows how good he is.

The surprise to me is that he seems to want to give it up without even a fight or trying, if this fight doesn't get made that is what'll be remembered as much as anything else and all the good and he's had a good career, but ultimately he always be remembered as no:2 in his division and not even trying to rectify it.

He's a proud man but the way he lost last time must have felt embarrassing and he's getting adulation from the British fans now. I think he doesn't want to risk a one-sided loss again and will play it safe with fights that he feels he is the favourite going in and nothing stylistically that'll bother him.
              You have a strange way of looking at Froch. Nothing stylisically that'll bother him? He just faced a man who beat him. I bet you're one of those guys who claims Kessler was shot to pieces.

I think if you know anything about the guy, is that he'll fight anyone. The guy never had anything given to him, and now that he's finally got the recognition he deserves, he shouldn't have to go back to his old ways. Ward is no1 of the division no doubt, but you know, noone has ever claimed Froch is an ATG. He's just the man of the division, even if he isn't the best. Your conclusion that he's giving it up isn't justified so i'll just leave it as a matter of disagreement of opinion.

As for all the American posters on this site who have instantly resorted to "lol at these British posters" whatever, please take your 18th Century thinking away with you. You don't have to be a certain nationality to respect one of the greatest warriors in the sport. But that type of thinking probably goes beyond you

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                Great post. Froch is the money man, whether Andre likes it or not.

In terms of support and interest, a 70/30 split would be fair; even generous
                I think the Brits will accept a 50/50 split...
                But I don't know yet what the Sky PPV numbers were (for the Froch-Kessler)... It would be interesting to find out...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post

(In case Ward doesn't agree with a lets say a $4 mln purse, B-Hop could came first...)
                  Frochand his fans can keep dreaming because thats the only way that would happen. I truly do hope Ward goes to england whoops his ass and gets paid well for it. It would be Wards easiest big payday.
                  Ah yes, every American sport > every other world sport. I get it now...
                  You said it not me. But after boxing football(soccer) is my favorite sport so I have no idea where you were going with that
                  Last edited by dorruel2.0; 05-28-2013, 03:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
                    Frochand his fans can keep dreaming because thats the only way that would happen. I truly do hope Ward goes to england whoops his ass and gets paid well for it. It would be Wards easiest big payday.

You said it now me. But after boxing football is my favorite sport so I have no idea where you were going with that
                    Firstly, Ward brings almost nothing to the table in terms of interest/tv revenues. And sure, it would be Ward's biggest payday. He's earning peanuts fighting in Oakland.

Comment

Firstly, Ward brings almost nothing to the table in terms of interest/tv revenues. And sure, it would be Ward's biggest payday. He's earning peanuts fighting in Oakland.
                      he has hbo behind him, I wouldnt say he has almost no tv interest. Thats crazy talk.

Comment

Working...
                      X