Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Like it or Not, Andre, Carl Froch Holds The Cards at 168

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Froch loses any day of the week in a rematch against Ward, year round in any part of the world.

Comment

• I completely disagree with everything said in this article, Ward needs Froch as much as Marquez needs Pacquiao, after such a one sided @&& whooping who cares what belts Froch holds or who he beat which Ward already beat besides one Canadian fake. The only reason Ward needs Froch is for the $, he wont find the same $ anywhere else at 168lbs besides Chavez Jr. if he moves up
      Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      By Lyle Fitzsimmons - We can all agree on one thing these days. It’s pretty damned good to be Carl Froch.

Not only is the 35-year-old Englishman in the prime of his athletic career at a shredded 168 pounds, but he’s undeniably one of the best in the world at his chosen profession.

And lest we forget, he’s a father who goes home each night to both a new baby daughter and one of the world’s most intoxicatingly beautiful mothers, magazine cover girl Rachael Cordingley.

If you’re one of the three males who haven’t done it already, do yourself a favor and Google her.

You’ll thank me – and envy him – at the same time.

But for the purposes of this discussion, let’s just concentrate on items one and two.

As Froch proved again simply by showing up Saturday in London, he continues to defy all norms in terms of conditioning – shedding a T-shirt to reveal a ripped and ready physique prior to his 33rd pro fight.

While others his age battle discipline and soar through weight classes, Froch has been within 4¼ pounds of the super middle limit for every single one of his pro outings – and hasn’t weighed in north of the 168-pound threshold at all since toppling Belarusian Dmitry Adamovich in two rounds nine years ago. [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

• He difference is Ward fights for legacy Froch fights for money! So you toothless euro crack heads like earl dickey keep crying for the whambulance! Andre son of God calls the shots not Carl the venomless cobra. Deal with it dirty euros! Ha

Comment

• Truly, one of the worst articles on this site.

Let me start off by saying that I have tremendous respect for both fighters; any fighter for that fact. Ward and Froch deserve the respect they deserve, and so far, Ward, has gotten none. If you are reading this Mr. Fitzsimmons I have to tell you that you are what is wrong with this great sport. Did we already forget the first fight? I saw Ward not only beat Froch easily but actually out-muscle him, out-power him (with only one good hand), and just purely out-box Froch. Ward actually took the fight to Froch, he beat him at his own game! I think there is a lot of people that suddenly got amnesia or something. If you think like the writer of this extremely sold out writer or believe that Froch has any right in calling himself the champion, you need to go re-watch the first fight. It is ludicrous that a fighter as good as Ward, both inside and outside of the ring can be chastised as much as he is. He stands for something true, how many fighters have thrown away a belt like Ward did with the WBC? How many great fighters behave with such class? Ward is what boxing has been missing and people hate him why? We all know who the true champion is, whether you want to believe it or not, Ward is the man hands down. I think we all need to look in the mirror and ask ourselves if we are a fan of boxing or bull****.

Comment

• hey man the way i see it, props to carl froch, for making himself twice as relevant since the defeat, to andre ward...equal props to carl froch, for going out and seeking avenge on all of his defeats, like a true champ should...end of the day, boxing was built on rivalries, and anybody can get their avenge on a loss on any given night...yeah andre ward, can talk the prima donna talk because he holds a win on carl froch, but like it or not, andre ward, ain't big box office...

Comment

• Carl holds the cards at 168. Wards calling Carl bluff Wards all in. Ward has no problem going to the lions den. Froch hating on Wards style like thats whats in. Watch Ward cash his chips right in taking Froch two belts with a UK win.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                Froch loses any day of the week in a rematch against Ward, year round in any part of the world.
                then I guess there should be nothing holding Ward back from fighting Froch in his backyard right?

Comment

Working...
                X