Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    What's Hopkins got to do with the price of bread
    LOL.

Carl doesn't need Ward or Hopkins. The latter especially. Having an old snoozer on his resume would do nothing for his legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      I don't disagree with what you say. However, Froch holds the cards at 168. If you get Carl, you get paid. If you beat him, you have a chance at Ward too. Carl is the money man of the division. Whilst I fundamentally disagree with it in principle, boxing is more about money than it is anything else. I'm a huge fan of Ward and Carl, but if Ward wants to propel his career into bigger fights financially, he has to fight Carl in England where a huge audience will see him fight. If he makes it exciting, which he has promised (prior to Dawson), he'll attract a much bigger fanbase. There really is noone else out there for him to fight which will do this for him. So whilst Ward already has a win over him, Froch has more than earnt another shot, and in the process seems to have more to offer than anyone else financially and in terms of belts. It'd be more damaging to Ward than to Froch, for Carl to set the terms and Ward deny them.
      If God offered Froch a win over Ward but he had to sacrifice his purse to get it, I think he'd do it.

His legacy means everything to him, he's always talking about it and how important it is to him.

The reality is he's no:2 and he doesn't feel he can beat the no:1 guy. Deep down - he's shared the ring with him and knows how good he is.

The surprise to me is that he seems to want to give it up without even a fight or trying, if this fight doesn't get made that is what'll be remembered as much as anything else and all the good and he's had a good career, but ultimately he always be remembered as no:2 in his division and not even trying to rectify it.

He's a proud man but the way he lost last time must have felt embarrassing and he's getting adulation from the British fans now. I think he doesn't want to risk a one-sided loss again and will play it safe with fights that he feels he is the favourite going in and nothing stylistically that'll bother him.

Comment

What's Hopkins got to do with the price of bread
        He's offered to come to the Uk and do a catchweight. If Froch and Hearn are so adamant that it has to be the UK then reach out to B-Hop coz he's down with that.

Comment

Froch claims to make the weight easy, is there any chance he could drop down and make middleweight? Reckon he'd kill this version of martinez, chavez jr. GGG would be a great fight though.

Comment

Ward doesn't "need" anyone but it's very convenient that Froch has built himself up so well. Big paycheck, more global exposure, and 2 belts for the trophy room.

Comment

Originally posted by SAJ10 View Post
              He's offered to come to the Uk and do a catchweight. If Froch and Hearn are so adamant that it has to be the UK then reach out to B-Hop coz he's down with that.
              Calzaghe doesn't get credit for beating Hopkins about 15 years ago because Hopkins was "old and shot"

Why the **** would froch fight him NOW

Comment

Originally posted by rzagza View Post
                When you dismantle guys like Kessler, Froch, Chad Dawson it's hard to find an opponent that actually seems appealing now doesnt it? Ward-Hopkins would make sense but will never happen because Bernard refuses to fight the guy, and seriously, can you blame him? Hopkins knows boxing. He also has nothing to prove to anyone but he knows full well Ward is just a better at everything, younger version of himself.
                Froch beat even more opponents but still has more and better options, I really don't get how Ward falls backwards even though he is the man at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
                  LOL.

Carl doesn't need Ward or Hopkins. The latter especially. Having an old snoozer on his resume would do nothing for his legacy.
                  Guys a legend and still considered in the best 4 SMW/LHW. What's the alternative have anything think he ducked Hopkins at home at a catchweight.

The Calzaghe fans would love that stick to beat Froch with, ducks Hopkins, at home, at a catchweight, 5 years after Joe went to America to beat him at LHW.

If Froch and his fans are so convinced he can beat Hopkins, then take him on and send him into retirement. The truth is Froch doesn't believe he can beat him and neither does Hearn or his fans.

So they'll say - 'make a fan friendly fight for Froch' in other words a fight he a better than average chance of winning.

If that's the road they want to take, ok, but drop the mantra of Froch will take on anyone and anywhere, coz that's been proven to be erroneous.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                    It's a fact that Ward was critical of the scoring in the Froch-Dirrell fight. He even tweeted something like: "See that's why I'm always fighting at home".

The scoring in the Kessler - Froch II fight surely hasn't changed his view. Not that the judges found the wrong winner, but 2 of the cards was attrocious.

Personally I don't understand if Ward turns the fight down. He'll whup Froch easy.
                    One judge also had Kessler winning against Froch by 6 rounds in Denmark, even though the fight was close just like 3 days ago,I agree with you scorecards like those puts boxer off from going to their opponents country.

Comment

Calzaghe doesn't get credit for beating Hopkins about 15 years ago because Hopkins was "old and shot"

Why the **** would froch fight him NOW
                      Come off it - Hopkins has beaten Pavlik, Pascal since then and just schooled Cloud.

That's a weak ass excuse for those that don't want Froch to fight him coz they know Froch loses.

Comment

Working...
                      X