No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R-NEAL View Post
    Funny thing is we have only heard 1 side of the equation, kinda like when people jumped all over the PPV sales on Tuesday then have to eat crow later. Earlier today he was telling Floyd to fear Canelo because its not Cotto. In less than 24 hours, he talking about weight.

I would suggest we just let it play out and see what the end result will be before rushing to judgement.

But I will add- Trying to publicly negotiate and make Floyd look bad before securing the fight is usually not a favorable thing to do for your fighter. Talk about a guy who didn't learn anything from Floyd telling Canelo he wasn't signing jack s*** a couple of months ago.
    Another great post. Thanks.

P34c3

Comment

• Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      If I'm not mistaken, werent you Floydboys all for a showdown between Floyd and Canelo in Sept as long as Canelo got past Trout? that's all I heard when Floyd was getting criticized for choosing Guerrero for May 4th. Why the sudden change of heart? You knew damn well Canelo was never gonna go down to 147 to fight Flooyd.
      Negative Ghost Rider.

I've never felt Trout was the best 154 lb'er in the first place. I've always thought that he should have at least 2-3 good wins at JMW just like the rest of his peers do.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidkidd View Post
        Floyd DOES NOT have a 154 title anymore he was stripped
        He says he was, but he's still listed as the WBA Super Champion at 154 on the WBA's web site.

Comment

• Mayweather such a pussy.

154 champion is scared to fight another 154 fighter at 154 LMFAO, instead he wants him to come down to 147 to fight LOL.

Duckweather there is absolutely no shame in your game.

Comment

• This is not a surprise to me. I've always sensed he'll avoid Alvarez. Schaefer had been pushing for this fight since before Cotto. Mayweather wasn't supposed to take another long vacation after jail time, but there was nobody there for him except Canelo.

(And you better stop this "the kid was not yet ready" crap, which is now a moot point because of the weight issue. Khan/Mayweather would have happened had he beat Garcia. Haymon was already in contact with Khan and his people around the time leading to that fight.)

People need to move on and just focus on who Mayweather's next fight woulbe. There's Matthysse/Peterson winner, Garcia, Khan, Berto/Karass winner...

Canelo/Cotto will likely happen, not in September, if Mayweather decides to fight on that date. Cotto will need ample time to prepare for Alvarez, anyway.

Comment

• how can you people defend this people as boxing fans.

only groupie will still defend this duck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Negative Ghost Rider.

I've never felt Trout was the best 154 lb'er in the first place. I've always thought that he should have at least 2-3 good wins at JMW just like the rest of his peers do.
                Well to be honest I dont consider you a blinded biased Floyd hugger. When the Floyd/Guerrero fight was on the horizon, Floyd was getting bashed by the critics for choosing an overmatched opponent. The Floydboy defense was that they were fine with it since Floyd would more than likely be fighting Canelo in Sept as long as he beats Trout. Now that Canelo is calling Floyd out and the pressure is on Floyd to take the fight, they seem to be retracting their statements of Floyd facing Canelo now. Now its "Beating Trout wasnt enough to earn a shot at Floyd". "Canelo is too big and should come down to 147 since its him who called Floyd out". etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Disgusting from a 154 champ.................!
                  Yeah thats Mayweather though. I'm not even a little suprised

Comment

• I think everyone should wait until it comes from a more credible source like Richard Shaefer and not Canelo's trainer who most likely knows absolutely nothing about the negotiations if they even started yet. But if its true, of course I strongly disagree. There would be know way to defend this. Everyone knows Floyd is not a true 154lb er but he fights there for big fights. Which this one definitely is. But I totally think this is not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      He says he was, but he's still listed as the WBA Super Champion at 154 on the WBA's web site.
                      I lose 25 seconds of my life every time you post because I watch that gif over and over haha, war street fighter!

Comment

Working...
                      X