Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personally I don't buy it, Canelo's trainer could be making the whole thing up, wouldn't be surprised to see Floyd's camp deny this.

But if its true, Fuck you, Floyd.

Comment

• Alvarez is a duck. All these guy at 154 and he just put a legit 154 on his resume. Can someone tell me why. He comes in at 171 why not fight at 160? Are they afraid the little gingerbread boy going to be busted in little crumbs? Trying to defend Alvarez record is like commuting suicide. Please, it's pointless.

Comment

• Common Floyd make the bloody fight!!!

Don't complain about the weight. When you fought Cotto at 147 he was 168 on fight night. So why are people complaining about Canelo jumping to 170

Comment

• Originally posted by RAGALAC View Post
          When somebody comes up with better logic then this then y'all can talk all the **** y'all want till then tell canelo come down or go fight Andre ward with his light heavy weight ass.
          154 pound champs:

WBO - Zauerbek Baysangurov

IBF - Ishe Smith

WBA - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

WBC - Canelo Alvarez

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
            Possibly. But the payday is still a big reason why he and everybody else wants to fight Mayweather.

If it was about taking 0's and beating the best fighters would be anxious to move up and face Andre Ward.
            Well of course money is a big factor, but if he were to fight Cotto and even split the PPV 50%, he'll generate plenty of cash and fight by all accounts less of a challenge.

And plenty of people of high degree of quality have wanted and fought Ward. He's got an impressive resume. Once he's back from injury, he needs to fight more often and put on impressive performances like he did against Dawson, instead of the hug and maul tactics he's employed in the past.

Comment

• Alvarez is a duck. All these guy at 154 and he just put a legit 154 on his resume. Can someone tell me why. He comes in at 171 why not fight at 160? Are they afraid the little gingerbread boy going to be busted in little crumbs? Trying to defend Alvarez record is like commuting suicide. Please, it's pointless. Step right up, step right up and try to defend Alvarez record you will win a grand prize.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                This is payback for what Oscar did to Floyd in 2007. It's childish and I don't agree with it, but it's what's going on.
                But it goes against Floyds own words about not making a fighter come down in weight and the point of argument that Floyd fans have used for years to degrade Pac. Sht goes around, comes around.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSilk View Post
                  Alvarez is a duck. All these guy at 154 and he just put a legit 154 on his resume. Can someone tell me why. He comes in at 171 why not fight at 160? Are they afraid the little gingerbread boy going to be busted in little crumbs? Trying to defend Alvarez record is like commuting suicide. Please, it's pointless.
                  Cotto comes in at 168.
                  Trout also came in at 170.
                  Jleon Love came in at 180 for his fight.
                  Yet no one says anything unless its canelo or JCC

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    all the demands? all they demanded was a fight. now they tried to make the fight and floyd ran like a coward so they are going public to expose him. we really can't have this coward as the face of boxing. oscar wasn't the best but at least he fought the best. floyd makes soccer look tough.
                    People want to forget that Canelo just didn't want to be used by Goldenboy and Mayweather anymore. He added atleast 200,000 PPV to Floyds fights.

If you want the Mexican crowd then promise me a fight. Thats all Canelo was saying.

Look what happened to mayweather vs Guerrero PPV. Yes it did very well but not as well in the hispanic market.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      Not that that makes a blind bit of difference, and is more of a hindrance than a help, but crack on with your homespun rehydration expertise!
                      Not about being a "EXPERT" it is a difference having over 24 Hours to rehydrate compared to having a few hours, I Doubt Canelo weighs in 154 or close to it on a Saturday Morning the day of the fight then show up 7-8 hours 18-20 lbs heavier

WBC was suppose to start doing this July of Last Year but for what ever reason it never happened so lets not act like Same Day Weighin's is just some "CRAZY IDEA" made up to benefit Mayweather or any other fighter:

Comment

Working...
                      X