No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
    I guess Canelo really doesn't want it that much. Shame.
    “I've never fought a guy at a catch weight. I don't fight guys at catch weights. I don't put plaster in my gloves. These are things I don't do, because I'm not that type of guy.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
      That's just Floyds pussy way of ducking a fight without actually having to publicly duck it, it's not like its the first time we see it boys c'mon we seen this for years i still think Floyd is probably the best p4p no doubt but he's always lacked the balls and confidence to put it all on the line against the best opponents around.
      ^^^^This. The same move he pulled with pac. offering pac a flat fee like pac is a B-side opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
        This must be pretty painful reading for you. what do you make of this?
        Floyd fans are curling up into a little vulnerable ball messing their pants right now after all the times they argued about catchweights and Pac.

Comment

Funny thing is we have only heard 1 side of the equation, kinda like when people jumped all over the PPV sales on Tuesday then have to eat crow later. Earlier today he was telling Floyd to fear Canelo because its not Cotto. In less than 24 hours, he talking about weight.

I would suggest we just let it play out and see what the end result will be before rushing to judgement.

But I will add- Trying to publicly negotiate and make Floyd look bad before securing the fight is usually not a favorable thing to do for your fighter. Talk about a guy who didn't learn anything from Floyd telling Canelo he wasn't signing jack s*** a couple of months ago.

Comment

Canelo hasn't beaten anybody of note. I mean "beaten", as in, legitimately defeated; not robbed. Trout clearly schooled him. Who else has he beaten? It would be easy work for Floyd, just like the Guerrero fight. Floyd's even better than Trout. Plus, Floyd wouldn't go to Texas and get robbed like Austin did. Styles make fights.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              LOL do you actually think canelo can make 147 even if he tries his hardest? Floyd's demand is unrealistic. it's a duck move same as the one when he offered pac a flat fee.
              yes he can.... canelo ain't shredded at 154....

he's at 12-15% bodyfat....

he could easily get down to 8%.... and weigh less than 147lbs....

Comment

Should this fight happen at 147 or at a catchweight,and should Floyd win, I will be fully expecting Floyd to say this:

I didn't really beat Canelo because I fought him at a catchweight the way Pacquiao fought Cotto. To me, Canelo is still an undefeated fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  “I've never fought a guy at a catch weight. I don't fight guys at catch weights. I don't put plaster in my gloves. These are things I don't do, because I'm not that type of guy.
                  Guess he is that type of guy, lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
                    So much for Floyd always claiming that when he fights fighters he fights them at the weight where they are comfortable. Take a risk for once Floyd.
                    Take a risk for once? The guy has moved up 5 weight classes.

It's Time for the 154 champs to fight Floyd where Floyd is comfortable which is at 147.
                    Floyd is the cash cow.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                      f it happens it happens. I have no control over his career. This is the first time I hearing so ill wait to hear more. But I do have control over my obsessions and I hope you do too. Unplug!

Comment

Working...
                      X