Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 nightmare matchups of the past I think would of beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benitez would've been a good fight for Mayweather as well Chavez. Mayweather would have no shot against Hearns we can all agree on. That jab of Hearns would be Mayweathers worst nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
      If Alexander wins this fight next Saturday, and Floyd actually chooses to fight Canelo in September, then I'd like to see Devon fight Guerrero. If Robert says that he would like to rematch Floyd someday, then prove it by beating Alexander...
      Man Ghost is going to kick the crap out of Alexander. Alexander is too small, and all he does is hit and clinch. And he doesnt do it how Ghost does it to rough you up. He does it like Bhop does it to spoil. And btw, Alexander fights on saturday? Who is he fighting?

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
        even if he lost to duran, SRL will still be tough for floyd, esp if dundee's in his corner, lol
        After I seen the footwork and skills possessed by Mayweather last week. I only have one thing to say; #Mismatch

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          No, its because Floyd was overtrained when he fought Cotto. Lets be foreal, Cotto is shot, short, and slow. Its no way in hell he should have been able to land on Floyd. Sometimes Floyd looked dead at the punches, while they landed. The Floyd who fought Cotto, is NOT the Floyd who fought Ghost. These are TWO completely different beast.
          True, but that could be because of the weight difference. Floyd looks way better at 147 than at 154. That's why he's had just two fights there.

And Ghost does NOT have a stellar resume. I have always hated the guy. But he does have what it takes to beat allot of guys. Now that he's at ww, I think he's too big for some of these guys to really hurt him.
          Like I said, let's see him fight Alexander in September. That would be a good measuring stick for him.

But Cotto lost to Margarita who is a slow bum. Ghost is a carbon copy of Margarita, except he's WAAAY better and more versitile. He will box with you, or put pressure on you, however you want it.
          Cotto lost to Marg in that first fight because he didn't go at him right...he tried to stalk him like he did in every other fight to that point (except Mosley) and once he realized he couldn't hurt him that way, he got tore up. In the 2nd fight, he fought a lot better. Moved in the pocket, lured Marg in when he was near the ropes, then got away. It was a BIG difference.

Comment

Man Ghost is going to kick the crap out of Alexander. Alexander is too small, and all he does is hit and clinch. And he doesnt do it how Ghost does it to rough you up. He does it like Bhop does it to spoil. And btw, Alexander fights on saturday? Who is he fighting?
            Alexander is not too small he's just one inch shorter and has the same wingspan as Guerrero. That would be a nice fight if it happens...

Devon fights Lee Purdy at Atlantic City on the Peterson vs Matthysse card. I should go up there and see it

Comment

When I read the title for the first time , I thought it would be about fighters whom Mayweather ducked during his career .

but when I read the name of Pryor and leonard , I couldn't believe my eyes O.O
              Mayweather has accomplished nothing , except being PPV king , to put him in fantasy fights with those legends !
              he literally has ZERO chance against Pryor, Duran, Leonard .

Leonard is the boxer with highest ever ring IQ , the hand of stones Duran , the animal Pryor against who ? the PPV king ?!

I think of brainwashing going on there in USA media .

Comment

True, but that could be because of the weight difference. Floyd looks way better at 147 than at 154. That's why he's had just two fights there.

Like I said, let's see him fight Alexander in September. That would be a good measuring stick for him.

Cotto lost to Marg in that first fight because he didn't go at him right...he tried to stalk him like he did in every other fight to that point (except Mosley) and once he realized he couldn't hurt him that way, he got tore up. In the 2nd fight, he fought a lot better. Moved in the pocket, lured Marg in when he was near the ropes, then got away. It was a BIG difference.
                Floyd said he was overtrained for that fight. Before the fight, everyone in his team said they were scared he would peek too soon. Roger said he wanted Floyd to take a few days off of boxing. Floyd recently did an interview withsChris Robinson where he said he was overtrained. Floyd Sr did an interview where he said, the first thing he noticed from THIS camp, was that Floyd was training too much and not letting his body heal. So he told Floyd he has to train less, and let his body rest, so after he heals, he will see results. He also said this on All Access; "Mann all that training 8 hrs a day...You can forget all that."

The weight had nothing to do with it, and I predict he will be at his best IF he fights Canelo at 54.

As far as Ghost Alexander, I wanna see it. Great match up.

As far as Cotto; Cotto ran from Margarita in both fights. He was almost about to lose to second fight. Both fights where identical. But Marg's eye gave Cotto an outless to win before it was too late. I actually felt that IF He stood his ground more, he would have got more respect from Marg.

When he runs, Marg is able to clip him with his long punches. But on the inside, Marg's arms are too long to land as frequent. He only has an uppercut on the inside. Like Manny Stew said, Cotto could have been allot more aggressive in the rematch, and that would have been the gameplan to win. Marg gets confident when you run around the ring like that. And THAT was NOT boxing. It was SPRINTING. lol

Comment

Alexander is not too small he's just one inch shorter and has the same wingspan as Guerrero. That would be a nice fight if it happens...

Devon fights Lee Purdy at Atlantic City on the Peterson vs Matthysse card. I should go up there and see it
                  Devon should be fighting Keith Thurman. And I dont like how Thurman is STILL not getting in the mix with the top fighters. I would LOVE to see Thurman get a shot at Floyd, but these bum fights are only slowing the process. He needs to be fighting Khan, Devon, Peterson, Berto, Asap!!

Comment

Devon should be fighting Keith Thurman. And I dont like how Thurman is STILL not getting in the mix with the top fighters. I would LOVE to see Thurman get a shot at Floyd, but these bum fights are only slowing the process. He needs to be fighting Khan, Devon, Peterson, Berto, Asap!!
                    Crap I forgot about him! You're right, he needs to be fighting Berto...he is a welterweight so those other guys are out except Khan, but he is booked to fight at 140 until the end of this year

Comment

Crap I forgot about him! You're right, he needs to be fighting Berto...he is a welterweight so those other guys are out except Khan, but he is booked to fight at 140 until the end of this year
                      I know man. Thurman vs Floyd would be good. Floyd wants to fight a counterpuncher, I would take Thurman over Devon any day. But Thurman needs to get in the mix some more.

Comment

Working...
                      X