No announcement yet.

3 nightmare matchups of the past I think would of beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    I know man. Thurman vs Floyd would be good. Floyd wants to fight a counterpuncher, I would take Thurman over Devon any day. But Thurman needs to get in the mix some more.
    Tell that to Oscar...he should be getting Thurman more fights

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
      Tell that to Oscar...he should be getting Thurman more fights
      At first Golden boy had all of their fighters fighting eachother, but now guys like Paulie are saying, "I fight for money" as if he had an option. What happened to how they used to just mix all the fighters up and have them go at it. Now they have the option to duck and dodge eachother. Madaina ducked Thurman too, but Devon should have fought him. Im not sure if he ducked him, or he just didnt think about fighting him.

Comment

lol @ pryor.

Comment

[QUOTE=Barnburner;13352851]lol @ pryor.[/QUOTE

You could also Lol @ Castillo, cotto, second round old Mosley, and past prime Oscar prior was an animal

Comment

I would say;-

Tyson
            Ali
            Lewis

Comment

In my opinion the best way to beat Floyd is by estabilishing the jab. Both De la Hoya and, to an extent, Cotto were giving Floyd some trouble with their jab.

When Floyd faced JMM, another counter puncher, the game plan was to impose his jab and force Marquez to lead.
              I think Floyd would have troubles if he had to taste his own medicine and being forced to open up.

Pressure is not key to beat Floyd, as a counter puncher that is exactly what he wants. Of course out jabbing him without giving him chances to adjust and counter is not an easy task.

If I had to throw a few names I'd go with Sugar Ray Robinson , Whitetaker, Sugar Ray Leonard, Hearns, Trinidad and Basilio. A prime Floyd is no stroll in the park for any JWW/WW in my opinion, but I'd give these guys a fair chance to beat Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
                There are 3 guys I firmly believe would have beaten Mayweather in some of the weightclasses he has touched. Feel free to add or subtract if you disagree

135- pernell Whitaker- reflexes just as fast if not faster than May's but better defensively as well as being more indept at fighting from close range. Great fight with pernell getting the Majority decision

140- Aaron Prior- really good power/ speed with great ability to absorb punishment along with a non stop hurricane fighting style. Would be a closer fight with Mayweather being forced to dig deep to a possible late stoppage loss (my opinion...don't hit me )

147- Sugar Ray Leonard- closer fight than many would think with Leanord coming out victorious. Leonard had great speed of hand and foot that was matched by his ring IQ along with knockout power. UD Leonard

154- Terry Norris- strangely this is the fight I'm most sure about partly do to 154 not being Mays ideal weight but also do to Norris's great skill and having recently marveled at his skill in his fight with Curry. Along with this I don't see May having the power to worry Norris. Win Terry Norris 9th round Tko
                how can you have prior in there but not Duran??

Comment

Duran or Hearns! All the way.

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post

You could also Lol @ Castillo, cotto, second round old Mosley, and past prime Oscar prior was an animal
                    Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                    I recommend you watch his fight with Antonio Cervantes and the first Arguello fight to see how much trouble counter-punching caused Pryor.

Cervantes in particular. His slickness and counter-punching (not even hard punches) were clearly bothering Pryor, who kept pausing and trying to get back into his rhthym. He did overwhelm Cervantes though.

Keep in mind Cervantes is all but shot and Arguello is also past his best by the time he fights them. Counter-punchers cut down volume and that was what Pryor relied on.
                    ---------------------

Comment

• No need to mention Pryor. The asthma pills have been lost on multiple generations but those who know boxing history don't rate that cheating POS no how. F8ck Pryor. Floyd destroys Aaron if he has to fight clean.

Comment

Working...
                      X