No announcement yet.

3 nightmare matchups of the past I think would of beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 nightmare matchups of the past I think would of beat Mayweather

There are 3 guys I firmly believe would have beaten Mayweather in some of the weightclasses he has touched. Feel free to add or subtract if you disagree

135- pernell Whitaker- reflexes just as fast if not faster than May's but better defensively as well as being more indept at fighting from close range. Great fight with pernell getting the Majority decision

140- Aaron Prior- really good power/ speed with great ability to absorb punishment along with a non stop hurricane fighting style. Would be a closer fight with Mayweather being forced to dig deep to a possible late stoppage loss (my opinion...don't hit me )

147- Sugar Ray Leonard- closer fight than many would think with Leanord coming out victorious. Leonard had great speed of hand and foot that was matched by his ring IQ along with knockout power. UD Leonard

154- Terry Norris- strangely this is the fight I'm most sure about partly do to 154 not being Mays ideal weight but also do to Norris's great skill and having recently marveled at his skill in his fight with Curry. Along with this I don't see May having the power to worry Norris. Win Terry Norris 9th round Tko

Forgot Duran who literally takes Floyd's soul.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      Forgot Duran who literally takes Floyd's soul.
      Yeah. Duran is a killer but I could choose only one. Not sure who would of been a harder matchup at 135 between him and Pernell

Comment

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
        There are 3 guys I firmly believe would have beaten Mayweather in some of the weightclasses he has touched. Feel free to add or subtract if you disagree

135- pernell Whitaker- reflexes just as fast if not faster than May's but better defensively as well as being more indept at fighting from close range. Great fight with pernell getting the Majority decision

140- Aaron Prior- really good power/ speed with great ability to absorb punishment along with a non stop hurricane fighting style. Would be a closer fight with Mayweather being forced to dig deep to a possible late stoppage loss (my opinion...don't hit me )

147- Sugar Ray Leonard- closer fight than many would think with Leanord coming out victorious. Leonard had great speed of hand and foot that was matched by his ring IQ along with knockout power. UD Leonard

154- Terry Norris- strangely this is the fight I'm most sure about partly do to 154 not being Mays ideal weight but also do to Norris's great skill and having recently marveled at his skill in his fight with Curry. Along with this I don't see May having the power to worry Norris. Win Terry Norris 9th round Tko
        Hmmm. The only one I think would be favourite against Mayweather here is Ray Leonard - not on account of him being better more on account of his natural size advantage and his better power. Even so, Mayweather is a better boxer than even Leonard was and, contrary to what many thing, I think this would be a close fight. SD Leonard.

I'm not sure about the others, but I don't think any would be strong favourites against Mayweather. And wth is this about Pernell being better defensively lol that simply isn't true. Better reflexes Maybe but he didn't get hit any less than Mayweather did. I don't think Pernell is as good at close range either really.

Also, where the hell is Hearns? Hearns is basically the only boxer in history who I'd give Mayweather very little shot against (assuming competitive weights).

Comment

Pernell Whitaker was outboxed by a Mayweather in his teens (indicating that Mayweather boxing knowledge was at least on par with his at the age) as Mayweather mentioned in one interview.. Also Mayweather punching power at those weights were very good and he threw many combinations. UD to Mayweather

Roberto Duran will indefinitely be outboxed like he was in his second fight against Ray Leonard. He will become frustrated and quit mentally when he isn't able to hit the target which will allow Mayweather to counter effectively.. UD or Late TKO

Ray Leonard- If you watch the fight with Mayweather Senior, you will see Floyd father actually boxing Ray Leonard and being hard to hit thanks to the shoulder roll and philly shell defense he will later teach to his son. Based off seeing that I think Mayweather Jr will be able to be Leonard and Frustrate Leonard when he tries to do Flurries Floyd unlike his father will keep his cool and counter.

I really believe Floyd can hang with these guys and possible still go undefeated.. Floyd is supremely intelligent .. which works with his great skills

Comment

I JUST WATCHED DURAN VS LEONARD

OMG
            OMG

THEY BOTH BEAT FLOYD

fighters i would be sure beat floyd prime 4 prime

duran ko
            pacquiao ko
            hearns ko
            leanord ud
            sweet pea sd
            kosta tszyu possibly ko
            srr

i also think rigo would dec him but i dont think floyd was ever tht low in weight
            HONESTLY thats all i got

floyd is THAT good
            Last edited by revs1227; 05-10-2013, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Almondsand View Post
              Pernell Whitaker was outboxed by a Mayweather in his teens (indicating that Mayweather boxing knowledge was at least on par with his at the age) as Mayweather mentioned in one interview.. Also Mayweather punching power at those weights were very good and he threw many combinations. UD to Mayweather

Roberto Duran will indefinitely be outboxed like he was in his second fight against Ray Leonard. He will become frustrated and quit mentally when he isn't able to hit the target which will allow Mayweather to counter effectively.. UD or Late TKO

Ray Leonard- If you watch the fight with Mayweather Senior, you will see Floyd father actually boxing Ray Leonard and being hard to hit thanks to the shoulder roll and philly shell defense he will later teach to his son. Based off seeing that I think Mayweather Jr will be able to be Leonard and Frustrate Leonard when he tries to do Flurries Floyd unlike his father will keep his cool and counter.

I really believe Floyd can hang with these guys and possible still go undefeated.. Floyd is supremely intelligent .. which works with his great skills
              Lmao!!!!

Who has Mayweather fought, what fights make it THIS^^^^ clear to you?

Kids say the darness things.

Comment

You can't believe what's coming out of Mayweathers mouth pertaining sparring sessions as a teen against Pernell. Mayweather has stretched the truth on stuff in interviews in the past. Pernell I guarantee would say different as well as others. You know as well as me that a pro of that level sparring against an amateur is not going all out

In regards to Duran? He was an underrated boxer and twice the monster Castillo was at 135...was better in every category

Leonard fighting May senior wasn't really a hard fight for Leanord and he took his time and broke him down...correct me if I'm wrong but I believe senior also had more length than jr?

Comment

I think when people do these matchups with Floyd they only consider physical attributes. Yeah Duran, Leonard, and Hearns are all beasts physically, but I think Mayweather's boxing IQ will help him make these matchups competitive. Out of all the fighters I see Leonard being the most competitive. Their personalities make for an interesting duel. Both are fast with Leonard having the edge in power. Floyd has the edge in defense. Good matchup. Hearns I'm not 100% about, but I'd say he'd give Mayweather a ton of problems with his range and power. Not sure how Floyd would overcome that. Duran would be all business, which can lead to frustration, especially since Floyd's so hard to hit clean. I don't see him being a real difficult fight at all for prime Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                    Lmao!!!!

Who has Mayweather fought, what fights make it THIS^^^^ clear to you?

Kids say the darness things.
                    yeah
                    seriously
                    i just watched duran vs srl last night
                    OMG there are no fighters around tht come close to them
                    it was intense

Comment

Working...
                    X