Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 nightmare matchups of the past I think would of beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sugar Ray Robinson, Pernell Whitaker, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Prime Pacquiao all would have had a shot. I've never seen Ray Robinson but I know he had 108 KO's and everyone who say him said he was something special. I just see Duran getting frustrated and not being able to land on Floyd consistently to KO him. I think Floyd would look spectacular against him. Duran couldn't stop Sugar Ray & I think Lil Floyd could go 12 rounds with him winning a comfortable UD or late stoppage. It would have been great seeing 2 lightning quick prime fighters for Leonard-Mayweather. That would be the ultimate dream match for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab4life View Post
      Yeah. Duran is a killer but I could choose only one. Not sure who would of been a harder matchup at 135 between him and Pernell
      At 135 Duran is just slightly better than Pernell Whittaker in my opinion, that was Duran's best weight class very few top him in that division.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogdogx View Post
        Sugar Ray Robinson, Pernell Whitaker, Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, Prime Pacquiao all would have had a shot. I've never seen Ray Robinson but I know he had 108 KO's and everyone who say him said he was something special. I just see Duran getting frustrated and not being able to land on Floyd consistently to KO him. I think Floyd would look spectacular against him. Duran couldn't stop Sugar Ray & I think Lil Floyd could go 12 rounds with him winning a comfortable UD or late stoppage. It would have been great seeing 2 lightning quick prime fighters for Leonard-Mayweather. That would be the ultimate dream match for me.
        Duran at 135 would take Mayweather out, Duran at 147 Mayweather by decision.

Comment

• 3 nightmares for Floyd;

Antonio Margarito

Paul Williams

Manny Pacquiao

Comment

• Mayweather vs Whitaker would have been a good chess match. 50/50 fight IMO. SRL had the speed and combinations so he could have won a SD or even UD. But again, we know Mayweather is capable of gutting out tough fights. All I know about Duran is "No mas" so I can see him getting frustrated easily. Aaron Pryor was always one of my favorite fighters so I would like say his aggressiveness would overwhelm Mayweather but his defense was tailor made for Mayweather. Terry Norris? No way! Pacquiao? Hellz no!

Comment

• Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
              how can you have prior in there but not Duran??
              Im a huge Pernell fan and gave him the 135 spot. 140 was for Pryor and 135 would have been Durans best weight

Comment

• How can people predict Mayweather would be stopped, when he never been knocked down or knocked out before?

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                  Forgot Duran who literally takes Floyd's soul.
                  The same duran whose prime losses are all to right hand dominant boxers who can move and with a longer reach than him?

Comment

• Hearns is the biggest nightmare for Mayweather. Tall, great boxer, great jab, jackhammer right hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab4life View Post
                      There are 3 guys I firmly believe would have beaten Mayweather in some of the weightclasses he has touched. Feel free to add or subtract if you disagree

135- pernell Whitaker- reflexes just as fast if not faster than May's but better defensively as well as being more indept at fighting from close range. Great fight with pernell getting the Majority decision

140- Aaron Prior- really good power/ speed with great ability to absorb punishment along with a non stop hurricane fighting style. Would be a closer fight with Mayweather being forced to dig deep to a possible late stoppage loss (my opinion...don't hit me )

147- Sugar Ray Leonard- closer fight than many would think with Leanord coming out victorious. Leonard had great speed of hand and foot that was matched by his ring IQ along with knockout power. UD Leonard

154- Terry Norris- strangely this is the fight I'm most sure about partly do to 154 not being Mays ideal weight but also do to Norris's great skill and having recently marveled at his skill in his fight with Curry. Along with this I don't see May having the power to worry Norris. Win Terry Norris 9th round Tko
                      All are reasonable choices. I don't know about pryor. Srl and norris make sense. He and sweet pea is tough to call$

Comment

Working...
                      X