No announcement yet.

3 nightmare matchups of the past I think would of beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ab4life View Post
    Floyd's a great fighter but not even close. A put sugar ray ahead of a prime Oscar De la Hoya and a prime Mosley comfortably and even though I don't believe in triangle theories I think either of those 2 in their primes is a tossup with May
    Mosley might have beaten Floyd at 140 but I don't know about Oscar...he had issues with Quartey and I still say that Whitaker beat him

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      I actually thought Ghost would beat Floyd. Look at the Floyd who fought Cotto. Ghost has ALWAYS been a counterpuncher/volume puncher/slick-like boxer with decent defense. When he went up to ww, he became a pressure swarmer. A swarmer is different from a brawler. I can avoid the punches of a brawler. A swarmer's punches are too close together so its easy to get clipped. What did Floyd do against Cotto? He got pressured with some slow hands. He got outboxed in some of those rounds. Cotto adjusted to his pull-counter, and slipped it, while coming back with a hook. Ghost makes GREAT adjustments on the fly, and I actually felt he would do waaay better than Cotto. Ghost is a complete fighter. An A- fighter. I dont see anyone at ww beating him. He can outbox guys, or he can walk through punches with his chin. I saw how he did against Berto's power, he didnt even try to clinch when he was hurt.

Little did I know Floyd was hitting 3 times harder than he normally hits. Little did I know Floyd was going to be flying around the ring, light footed how he fought against the other taller, big boys in Genero Hernardez, Diego Corrales. Allot of people thought Ghost was going to be small but I been telling people all month how big he has been getting at ww, and I predicted he was on roids!
      Guerrero being considered A-

Comment

You forgot 147 Thomas Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
          You forgot 147 Thomas Hearns.
          I think that's the one fighter universally agreed upon. Lol. To long, fast, devastating with a durable enough chin when matched with Floyd. I really don't see that as a close fight based on the style matchup and Tommy's strengths

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
            Trinidad? lol Add Roy Jones, Jr. to the list of fighters Floyd has ducked as well. You guys are crazy.
            Ohh the irony, what about the others I mentioned? And why no Trinidad why?

Comment

Originally posted by chito View Post
              name me an opponent who floyd beat that is equal w/ SRL. is there anyone in his resume right now?
              To me, a tall fighter who lets his hands go, is just that; A tall fighter who lets his hands go. Ghost was a volume puncher, but now he became a one punch type of guy. Floyd drops guy's offense down. Nothing in SRL suggest to you, or me, that he would stand a chance. Except for the fact that he had footwork and Floyd was flatfooted. But that has changed DRAMATICALLY within the past 7 days hasnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by spyvsspy View Post
                Guerrero being considered A-
                Ghost is an A- fighter. Who at ww is as versitile as him? He can box, counterpunch, volume puncher, now he likes to brawl and show off his toughness. He makes small adjustments on the fly; When he threw a straight left at Berto, Berto slipped it, so he feinted like he would throw it again, so when Berto slipped it, he would loop it and hit Berto where his head was GOING to be. On top of all of this, Ghost has gotten HUGE AS HELL at ww. NO ONE at that weight can beat him. And I even said he was on roids for the Berto fight.

Comment

To me, a tall fighter who lets his hands go, is just that; A tall fighter who lets his hands go. Ghost was a volume puncher, but now he became a one punch type of guy. Floyd drops guy's offense down. Nothing in SRL suggest to you, or me, that he would stand a chance. Except for the fact that he had footwork and Floyd was flatfooted. But that has changed DRAMATICALLY within the past 7 days hasnt it?
                  Floyd makes adjustments to cater to him...If he can see when you throw a punch, he can react accordingly by either dodging or slipping the punches.

A tall fighter who lets his hands go...reminds me of Paul Williams in his day...I think that Floyd would have his issues with Paul but win a fairly tough fight against him

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
                    Floyd makes adjustments to cater to him...If he can see when you throw a punch, he can react accordingly by either dodging or slipping the punches.

A tall fighter who lets his hands go...reminds me of Paul Williams in his day...I think that Floyd would have his issues with Paul but win a fairly tough fight against him
                    Paul would be tough as would a prime Vernon Forrest

Comment

I Floyd would Humiliate SRL and Arron Pryor. Floyd's footwork would have him pouncing all around the ring, and have him jumping all overt their asses like a cornered wild cat. Arron is their to be KO'd. SRL has no defense. He just uses speed advantage to overwhelm opponents, and uses footwork to keep them from landing. But Floyd's footwork, range, footspeed, and size disadvantage, would have him moving waaaay faster in all areas. Floyd's defense, timing, and counterpunching makes him waaaay to complete for SRL. SRL has some good head movement, but once Floyd starts landing right hands, SRL would start abandoning his gameplan, and start trudging around the ring, flatfooted like he's looking for a KO. SRL is a GREAT fighter, with a much better legacy than Floyd's. But skillwise, we have to remember this is a WHOLE nother era with more complete fighters. SRL is from the older times, and I really dont see him being anything special compared to Floyd and Pac.
                      Tito Trinidad at 154lbs would give Floyd hell and just about anyone else not named Winky.

Duran was a very special fighter
                      and people seem to fail to realise how much bigger that damn ring was in the Sugar rematch - IT WAS AN ARENA!!!

Duran would be the craftiest fight Floyd ever had at 135lbs. I also like ODLH at135lbs to trouble anyone with his height and power.

Comment

Working...
                      X