No announcement yet.

3 nightmare matchups of the past I think would of beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
    I might be alone in this one, but I think a prime 154 Winky Wright would have given a good account of himself against Mayweather.

High guard, awkward, southpaw, constant stiff jabs and hard lefts.

I'd mention past legends...but c'mon...let's stop doing the obvious. :P
    You're not alone on that. Prime Winky was a great fight with skills and size. The size difference along with Winky's slickness and range will pull him through that fight. Floyd would be too small imo. Like Shane Mosley was.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
      how can you speak of floyd so higly when you havent seen him fight the best? he shoulf of fought trinidad, forrest, wright, tzyu, mosley, cotto all in their primes i gurantee you he would not be undefeated.
      Trinidad? lol Add Roy Jones, Jr. to the list of fighters Floyd has ducked as well. You guys are crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
        Whoa now, are you being serious. I've seen SRL dig down deep to knockout Hearns. So to say Leonard will be frustrated by Junior is crazy talk.

Junior has problems with mental midget Judah, no way he'll be able to figure SRL out like he did Judah and if he did, SRL will just adjust mid fight. Floyd is a decent fighter but he doesn't have the grit to deal with a SRL.
        When I seen SRL fight Herns, what I saw his SRL running around the ring with that scared facial expression, and once he seen he could hurt him, all of a sudden he had an exaggerated mean facial expression, coming forward, like he's billy bad azz! It kind of made him seem like a sucker to me, I dunno.

If you wanna come to Floyd, he wont have a scared face as if he didnt know how to deal with you coming forward. If he walks you down, he wont have a mean face like he's a billy badazz. Whatever the case, he will just seem emotionless. As if he knew what to do in any circumstance. Its just a different era.

Yea Floyd may have had problems with Judah, but thats because Floyd has problems with southpaws. He's slow when he fights southpaws, as we seen against Judah, Ortiz, and Ghost. Against conventional fighters he fought in between all of those fights, he was exceptionally fast. SRL is a GREAT legend, but he is from a past era. This is a whole new era with a whole new level of skills and abilities. The defense and counterpunching would bother SRL, and once he gets frustrated, it all goes down hill. We saw how he fought Floyd Sr. Boy imagine if that was Floyd Jr. This would be something the fighters of the 80's have never seen before.
        Last edited by MurkaMan; 05-10-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=ab4life;13352126]
          Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          I Floyd would Humiliate SRL and Arron Pryor. Floyd's footwork would have him pouncing all around the ring, and have him jumping all overt their asses like a cornered wild cat. Arron is their to be KO'd. SRL has no defense. He just uses speed advantage to overwhelm opponents, and uses footwork to keep them from landing. But Floyd's footwork, range, footspeed, and size disadvantage, would have him moving waaaay faster in all areas. Floyd's defense, timing, and counterpunching makes him waaaay to complete for SRL. SRL has some good head movement, but once Floyd starts landing right hands, SRL would start abandoning his gameplan, and start trudging around the ring, flatfooted like he's looking for a KO. SRL is a GREAT fighter, with a much better legacy than Floyd's. But skillwise, we have to remember this is a WHOLE nother era with more complete fighters. SRL is from the older times, and I really dont see him being anything special compared to Floyd and Pac.[/QUOTE

As the poster below your original post stated.. No way is a leanord who dug deep to knockout Hearns is getting frustrated by a Mayweather who struggled with Judah who is not a 5th of Hearns or leanord. I think you underrating a fighter who took on some greats. Those fights are tough based on the level of Sugars opposition
          I tell you what. Read my respond to the poster that posted that. SRL is a great legend, but this is a whole new era of talent and abilities. Lets not forget, SRL lost to Duran at ww(LOL) Dude overrated his defense, and tried to stand toe to toe. In the rematch, he had to run around the ring while jabbing. Floyd's D, combined with his footwork of TODAY, Man its a mismatch to me. SRL is just another fighter. But in the past eras, it was something special. This is just a whole new era of talent and abilities.

Comment

no need to go back in time.

he ducked a bunch of guys in his era who could have whooped him.

kostya, marg, cotto, pac, mosley, pwill.....

Comment

When I seen SRL fight Herns, what I saw his SRL running around the ring with that scared facial expression, and once he seen he could hurt him, all of a sudden he had an exaggerated mean facial expression, coming forward, like he's billy bad azz!

Yea Floyd may have had problems with Judah, but thats because Floyd has problems with southpaws. He's slow when he fights southpaws, as we seen against Judah, Ortiz, and Ghost. Against conventional fighters he fought in between all of those fights, he was exceptionally fast. SRL is a GREAT legend, but he is from a past era. This is a whole new era with a whole new level of skills and abilities. The defense and counterpunching would bother SRL, and once he gets frustrated, it all goes down hill. We saw how he fought Floyd Sr. Boy imagine if that was Floyd Jr. This would be something the fighters of the 80's have never seen before.
              The fact that you're comparing 6 footer with lethal right hand power to Floyd "I need numbing agents for my hands to train " mayweather, shows how little you know about Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                you're an idiot . plain and simple.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Your entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Your entitled to your opinion.
                  Its much more than opinion when everyone agrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    no need to go back in time.

he ducked a bunch of guys in his era who could have whooped him.

kostya, marg, cotto, pac, mosley, pwill.....
                    This. Pac would of given him hell. Margs and williams due to their size and 100 per round flurries would have him in his shell all night

Comment

even prime dela hoya would beat floyd. also put in SLR & duran, they would all destroy floyd! there's nothing in floyd's resume that indicates some good names as good as these past boxers i mentioned!

Comment

Working...
                      X