Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying Rigondeaux was running from Nonito is like Saying Floyd was running from Ghost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    people who say either one ran don't have a clue what boxing even is
    Amen. Finally someone says it.

Comment

I wouldn't say rigo ran but he didn't throw many punches at all. He played a much more conservative approach, hence why people say he ran. It's hit and don't get hit, similar styles but Floyd pushed the action a lot more if you were to compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        I can't find the comparison between them. Rigo dominated a top 5 pfp fighter.
        derp

he's referring to the strategy used, ala ring generalship, seriously dude?

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
          Saying Rigondeaux was running from Nonito is like Saying Floyd was running from Guerrero. It's called hit and don't get hit.
          Floyd Mayweather stood his ground and never back pedalled and ontop of that he created his own offensive, I may not like Mayweather but his performance was much more pleasing on the eye he stood his ground yet Guerrero could hardly land anything on him, that's more impressive than moving backward and only looking to throw from counters.

Comment

"he ran" is what outboxed fighters usally scream after they fail at matching wits...common excuse these days for fighters with few gears....if the dude is RUNNING....run his ass down and stop him from running...in other words...DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!...its not impossible to slow down a mover...the late great Joe Frazier did very well against movers or "RUNNERS" as they're known today....smh....Rigo and Floyd didn't run....they just ran the tables in a battle of the minds against smaller BOXING brains....scholars do the schooling...both dudes are boxing scholars!!

Comment

Originally posted by swagswag View Post
              Saying Rigondeaux was running from Nonito is like Saying Floyd was running from Guerrero. It's called hit and don't get hit.
              As poor a comparison as you will ever see.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                people who say either one ran don't have a clue what boxing even is
                ^^^^^^^^^ Yep.

But then Donaire is a lethal threat. I would have been just as careful with him myself as would anyone with any sort of sense at all.

Guerrero is a different story but a very solid fighter. Floyd could have really lit him up, but that's not Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                  Floyd Mayweather stood his ground and never back pedalled and ontop of that he created his own offensive, I may not like Mayweather but his performance was much more pleasing on the eye he stood his ground yet Guerrero could hardly land anything on him, that's more impressive than moving backward and only looking to throw from counters.
                  That's just crap talk no offense and totally a matter of opinion though you basically indicate that in your post. Rigo was countering all night. I have no idea what you were watching. Rigo's performance was MUCH more impressive and exciting to me. Donaire was far more dangerous than Guerrero will ever be. Completely different stakes involved... I'll speak for myself as well.

Even Mares called it a "masterpiece" and "exciting." That says it all.

Comment

I actually think the way Floyd fought was in preparation for his future fights. To gain an understanding of what he was still able to accomplish in the ring. Yes he could have beaten Guerrero in a more straightforward and brutal manner, but that wouldn't have given him an indication of whether he can still be as elusive and agile, whilst picking his shots.

Comment

Mayweather did run in the 12th. Rigo never ran. Neither guy actually showed any fear, which is what most imply when they talk about running.

Comment

Working...
                      X