Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying Rigondeaux was running from Nonito is like Saying Floyd was running from Ghost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
    people who say either one ran don't have a clue what boxing even is
    All of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      fuck off Broner

Im not even a Broner fan bro.

Comment

Mayweather stayed off the canvas too.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          That's just crap talk no offense and totally a matter of opinion though you basically indicate that in your post. Rigo was countering all night. I have no idea what you were watching. Rigo's performance was MUCH more impressive and exciting to me. Donaire was far more dangerous than Guerrero will ever be. Completely different stakes involved... I'll speak for myself as well.

Even Mares called it a "masterpiece" and "exciting." That says it all.

Very very few found that to be a "exciting" fight, you won't sell out a stadium or justify a reason to have yourself as a PPV fighter fighting like that.

End of the day its by far more difficult standing your ground and not getting hit than it is to back pedalling, as you said its matter of opinion which I agree on but you can't compare Mayweather to Rigondeaux because Mayweather can mix it up and do the lot unlike Rigondeaux who looks suspect when trying to fight in the pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
            Very very few found that to be a "exciting" fight, you won't sell out a stadium or justify a reason to have yourself as a PPV fighter fighting like that.

End of the day its by far more difficult standing your ground and not getting hit than it is to back pedalling, as you said its matter of opinion which I agree on but you can't compare Mayweather to Rigondeaux because Mayweather can mix it up and do the lot unlike Rigondeaux who looks suspect when trying to fight in the pocket.
            And how many fighters at 122 sell out stadiums and headline PPVs?

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              And how many fighters at 122 sell out stadiums and headline PPVs?
              Can't answer that question since I'm not aware about the PPV pricing in America i.e. I'd only really have to pay PPV price when it comes to guys like Mayweather/Pacquiao world recognised or local British fighters like Froch, Haye or maybe even Khan, to build yourself to that level you need to have some sort of drawing attraction.

I just don't see Rigondeaux being a big draw when you're wanting to attract casual fight/boxing fans into the stadium.
              Obviously guys like Juanma, Salido and Mikey they're always going to have big following because they have the entire of Puerto Rico and Mexico behind certain fighters that whole rivalry aswell.

Whilst Rigo is doing very well I just don't see many people being overly excited for him you'll disagree but it's my opinion and that's cool.

Comment

It's just a form of hate. When their favorite fighters get outclassed and beat on with slick movement, counterpunching and boxing ability they call it "running" to try to take away from the DOMINATING victory.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                  It's just a form of hate. When their favorite fighters get outclassed and beat on with slick movement, counterpunching and boxing ability they call it "running" to try to take away from the DOMINATING victory.
                  This is an infortunate truth. Pac+ard$ try to make these excuses alot when Manny or whoever else they are rooting for lose.

Comment

Im so sick of hearing rigo ran.

The dude totally outboxed and shut down doniare, who i considered to be a top 5 p4p going into the fight.

DONIARE WAS JAMES TONEY, RIGO WAS ROY JONES.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Rigo ran?

The way Rigo cuts the ring there just amazes me.

Comment

Working...
                      X