Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saying Rigondeaux was running from Nonito is like Saying Floyd was running from Ghost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Muhammad Ali run from Cleveland Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
      HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Rigo doesnt know how to fight in the damn pocket, stop making up stories. He didnt even throw any punches. Floyd was letting his hands go the whole fight. He's a counterpuncher, thats what he does. Rigo is ight tho.
      So the first 4 or 5 rounds that Rigondeaux stood his ground don't count according to you?

Comment

Rigo never ran, but nonito ran for hos life in the 12th. Never thought i'd see donaire react like tht in a fight but biased fans of the flash will say rigo ran.

Comment

At the same size, Rigo beats Floyd easy on points. He's faster, quicker on his feet and could outpoint Floyd and frustrate him at his own game, there I said it.... and yes they are both runners.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction View Post
            Rigo never ran, but nonito ran for hos life in the 12th. Never thought i'd see donaire react like tht in a fight but biased fans of the flash will say rigo ran.
            I scored round 12 10-8 for rigo it was that one sided of a round.

Comment

Wish the referee would of let them fight on the inside more instead of letting Floyd hold excessively everytime he was backed in a corner and then breaking them apart. Ever heard of punching your way out; I heard it twice the whole fight.

Comment

In a way they both did a good amount of "running"

Now if you wanna see that as a true boxing skill or they were avoiding a fight where they could get hurt its up to you.

Typically people who like technical fights see it as a skill, and people who like a fight/brawl see it as running.... you cant please em all, like pacquiao use to lol jk

Comment

Rigo is much quicker on his feet than this Floyd. Their movement is a bit different. Mayweather is still more offensive minded than Rigo. Rigo has the power to hurt guys his own size but he plays it a bit safer. I agree the fight were similar where if you say one guy ran, you could say it about the other.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    So the first 4 or 5 rounds that Rigondeaux stood his ground don't count according to you?
                    I dont consider that standing in the pocket. In the pocket to me, is both guys fighting on the inside, coming forward, refusing to take a step back. Like brawling. But Rigo was too small to play that game. So when Nonito pressed, he had to run.

Comment

Nonito didnt train to fight, he trained to make weight then relying on his hook which was studied well by a seasoned Gold Olympian.. Now Nonito has to work is way back up. He let his success get the best of him.. He got out boxed against a boxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X