No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Explains How He Stays on Weight, No Diet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    nah he's definitely not 100% incorrect. he's not 100% correct either, but its definitely not fully wrong. at the end of the day, for the most part, calories in vs. calories out supercedes everything. there are subtleties obviously, metabolisms, etc, but to say he is 100% incorrect, is incorrect...
    I never said he is 100% incorrect. I said I am 100% he is incorrect, which is a different statement. He is correct in the sense that a caloric deficit will mean a loss in weight, however to call ice cream "not unhealthy" is absolutely preposterous. The polysaccharide chains found in the many artificial sweeteners are not a healthy option for the body for many well-documented reasons, unless there is certain hormonal conditions which are temporary. I won't comment on pizza because that can actually be made into a wholesome nutritious food if the right ingredients are used.

Comment

Originally posted by charger56 View Post
      I never said he is 100% incorrect. I said I am 100% he is incorrect, which is a different statement. He is correct in the sense that a caloric deficit will mean a loss in weight, however to call ice cream "not unhealthy" is absolutely preposterous. The polysaccharide chains found in the many artificial sweeteners are not a healthy option for the body for many well-documented reasons, unless there is certain hormonal conditions which are temporary. I won't comment on pizza because that can actually be made into a wholesome nutritious food if the right ingredients are used.
      ice cream is definitely not "healthy" per se, but i think what he was saying is that its ok to eat it as long as you exercise regularly and stay under caloric deficit needs. obviously no one in their right mind thinks ice cream is healthy, unless its jambo protein ice cream of course. that IS healthy...and delicious!

Comment

ice cream is definitely not "healthy" per se, but i think what he was saying is that its ok to eat it as long as you exercise regularly and stay under caloric deficit needs. obviously no one in their right mind thinks ice cream is healthy, unless its jambo protein ice cream of course. that IS healthy...and delicious!
        nope, there is no such thing as an "unhealthy food" unless we're talking about foods with trans fat and that is rare anyway

I can link you an article to a top heart surgeon writing how "they" were wrong and how we need to eat more apple pie and ice cream but too many people are close minded.

anyways I'm off to the gym

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          nope, there is no such thing as an "unhealthy food" unless we're talking about foods with trans fat and that is rare anyway

I can link you an article to a top heart surgeon writing how "they" were wrong and how we need to eat more apple pie and ice cream but too many people are close minded.

anyways I'm off to the gym
          i would actually like to see that article as a matter of fact...

Comment

you're a "student" and you already want to be passed off as an expert. get you're degree, learn a thing or too, and come up with your own opinion. until then I'm going by what top graduates and professors with degress in nutritional science and nutrition are preaching. have a good day student. don't forget to keep an open mind that is what college is for.

Comment

Originally posted by gasolina92 View Post
              If you get at least 25 grams of fiber a day and eat below your maintenance calories you can eat whatever you want and lose fat-DR.LAYNE NORTON

Im sorry but a guy that has a Ph.D in nutrition, is a pro NATURAL bodybuilder,has hundreds of clients> certified trainers and people on forums with no understanding of nutrition
              Let me go over it slower so you can grasp it. None of the people having a rational discussion here have argued against the fact that eating under the basal metabolic rate will lead to weight loss. The argument is about whether that method is conducive to good health, and whether foods thought of as unhealthy really are it. And if you think that Dr. Norton has all the answers, he doesn't.

Comment

ALL OF THIS STILL Gets Mayweather KNOCKED OUT Saturday Night; Etch That In Stone!

Period... End of story.

Comment

Let me go over it slower so you can grasp it. None of the people having a rational discussion here have argued against the fact that eating under the basal metabolic rate will lead to weight loss. The argument is about whether that method is conducive to good health, and whether foods thought of as unhealthy really are it. And if you think that Dr. Norton has all the answers, he doesn't.
                  i jus read the part where he says "pro NATURAL bodybuilder"

thats a huge lol

ignorance really can be bliss. a natural bodybuilder. these kids will believe anything these days...

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
                    So basically there is such a thing as an "unhealthy food", one that contains trans fat. OK.

Comment

wrong! there is this called an insulin spike, which governs what gets stored as fat and what doesnt. fat doesnt make you fat. carbs do. since certain carbs spike your blood sugar greater than others, and when that insulin ****e comes crashing down, those simple carbs get stored directly as fat, if there isnt enough expenditure throughout the day. this info is 100% incorrect. Double MM's info was correct, yours is just plain wrong
                      Fat makes you fat. The whole point of low fat diet is based on that. Carbs can't convert to fats. They are carbohydrate, not fat. Only fat gets stored as fat - plain and simple.

Now you are right about the EFFECT of carbs. Only carbs and fats are used as body energy throughout a day, body will use first carbs and then fats. If there is too many carbs body doesn't need to touch fats to get the energy.
                      In that case carbs would 'protect' fats to be spent and fat will be stored in your body. One more thing is that carbs can't be stored for longer periods of time, fats can.
                      Insulin ****e will direct your body to use either carbs or fats but carbs that are not spent are not converted to fat. fat is fat, carb is carb.

Eating just maple syrup (almost 80% sugar) as much as you want, but none fat, would not make you any fatter.

Only fat makes you fat in the direct way.
                      But if you eat only fat and none carbs you are losing only fat (for the energy) and effect of loosing weight is even greater.
                      Last edited by Simurgh; 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X