Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaneloFan View Post
    Mayweather is so much more quiet in the buildup... getting trashed and not responding like he usually does... For all I know he could whoop Guerreros ass easily but I really think he might lose this one. I think he doesn't want to trash talk too much because if Guerrero beats him it wouldn't be as embarrasing as if he had been trashing Guerrero...
    you're just falling for the hype, bro. what did you think of this fight from the get go? some trash talk doesn't mean anything.

Comment

His silence is strange considering he started out talking so much smack in that first faceoff.

Comment

I'll be disappointed if Guerrero is the first one to beat Floyd.

Floyd's career can be criticized in terms of layoffs and selection, but not his skills. Floyd is a unique mix of athleticism, talent, dedication, and ring smarts that i don't think I'll see again for a while. Rigo is close to it, but he's too small to ever vault into the marketable divisions.

If Floyd is going to lose, I always wanted an epic battle with a prime ATG or with a young, future ATG.

Robert Guerrero? So anti climactic. No way; that would terrible boxing karma.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloFan View Post
          Another thing is... people have to remember that Floyd is 36 now... saying stuff like ''Floyd is gonna Hatton this kid'' ''Floyd is gonna Baldomir this kid''... that was 6 years ago man... he's a lot less mobile now... he's not untouchable. No one is. Very few fighters end their careers unbeaten. Most ATG's suffered losses.
          See the bold, here is the thing...who said Guerrero can match Floyd in the pocket? Not disputing that Floyd's movement has slowed, but that should only really be problematic if Guerrero had the skills to stand in the pocket with Floyd, and clearly he doesn't in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
            I'll be disappointed if Guerrero is the first one to beat Floyd.

Floyd's career can be criticized in terms of layoffs and selection, but not his skills. Floyd is a unique mix of athleticism, talent, dedication, and ring smarts that i don't think I'll see again for a while. Rigo is close to it, but he's too small to ever vault into the marketable divisions.

If Floyd is going to lose, I always wanted an epic battle with a prime ATG or with a young, future ATG.

Robert Guerrero? So anti climactic. No way; that would terrible boxing karma.
            Rocky/Apollo Creed ring a bell?

How is that anti climatic? Imagine how they would market the rematch. The amount of **** talking would be beyond epic proportions.

Edit: Also, the amount of publicity boxing would get after Floyd loses, HOLY ****. That's the only thing you'll be seeing on ESPN the next day.
            Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 05-02-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I have a feeling Floyd is going to destroy Guerrero. Something akin to his performance against Diego Corrales, with multiple knockdowns and total dominance until it's finally waved off. Much different than my past predictions of tough fights or unanimous decisions for Floyd.

Comment

Its just part of the fight week hype. People don't want to face facts that Guerrero is another cherry pick so they start to believe the hype.
                Even Floyd knows this will be easy work for him. He doesn't really care anymore as Showtime has guaranteed he gets paid no matter who he fights.
                Don't kid yourself, this will be like the Mosley fight. Guerrero will have some moments early but then Floyd will settle in for a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                  Rocky/Apollo Creed ring a bell?

How is that anti climatic? Imagine how they can market the rematch. The amount of **** talking would be beyond epic proportions.
                  It was if liked Rocky in this version, but the thing is, Robert does nothing for me. A rematch would be crazy appealing though.

Ali lost to Frazier; Foreman to Ali; Leonard to Duran; De La Hoya to Trinidad; Trinidad to Hopkins; Chavez to Pernell; Morales to Barrera; Pac to Marquez*; Floyd to....Guerrero?

One wouldn't belong.

Comment

If Floyd loses to the Ghost, that would be nuts. Cause the Ghost is a good fighter, but not great. I mean Pacman at least got slept by an atg. But if Floyd loses to the Ghost, well, that's even worse.

Comment

Berto is simply a hype job, period. Nothing like that will happen. Floyd picked this fight for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X