Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs. Guerrero Post Fight Discussions. POST HERE. NO NEW THREADS!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
    It was if liked Rocky in this version, but the thing is, Robert does nothing for me. A rematch would be crazy appealing though.

Ali lost to Frazier; Foreman to Ali; Leonard to Duran; De La Hoya to Trinidad; Trinidad to Hopkins; Chavez to Pernell; Morales to Barrera; Pac to Marquez*; Floyd to....Guerrero?

One wouldn't belong.
    I get where you're coming from, but it would still be epic, and Guerrero beating Floyd would put him up in that echelon, unless it's a 1st round KO, then people will just say Floyd will dominate the rematch.

Comment

From what I can remember the less trash he talks the more confident he is he will easily win,,,

Comment

Team Guerrero have done a nice job with the build up for this fight.

BUT, we must separate the press conference/trash talk from the actual fight. Make no mistake, this is going to be such an easy fight for Floyd, I even see a late stoppage.

Comment

it's because Floyd is bored...boxing is just him going to the ATM...he's been doing it for too long now

seriously, if you're Floyd, it would be pretty hard to get too hyped up for Robert effing Guerrero

Comment

Ima get the fight, but im not really excited, i think this the first super fight i dont get excited for

Comment

anyone know the purse for the fighters ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                See the bold, here is the thing...who said Guerrero can match Floyd in the pocket? Not dis*****g that Floyd's movement has slowed, but that should only really be problematic if Guerrero had the skills to stand in the pocket with Floyd, and clearly he doesn't in my opinion.
                I agree, I think Floyd will win. I don't even know much about Guerrero, I only saw the Berto fight and a couple of clips of him. I think he has good handspeed and is deceptively quick like Cotto. He's not flashy. Anyways the only way he can win is if he KO's Floyd which I don't see happening... even if by some way he manages to win on points there is no way that showtime will have their new cash cow lose. No way.

Comment

I thought Ortiz would trouble Mayweather also. He did, until he mentally caved. PPl give Mayweather TOO much credit. He's got skills but he isn't invulnerable. I'm convinced this will not be "easy work". as expected.

Guerrero has a longer reach and many more boxing skills than Hatton. He's younger and not past prime as DeLahoya and Mosley were. He fights with greater intensity than almost anyone out there. Far more intensely than Mayweather. Skills are one thing, but effort and desire and cover other deficiencies.

Forget Gatti, Floyd fans keep thinking everyone will get Gattied. It will never happen again. He only KOed Ortiz because he left himself open and quit. I predict he will not KO Guerrero and it will be a hard fight. Guerrero will land some shots but obviously Mayweather is the defensive wizard and will be tough to take out.

Mayweather will not expose himself enough to take out Guerrero, because Guerrero will show himself more capable than fighters like Hatton and Gatti.

It will be closer than some think. I won't be shocked if the judges give it to Mayweather because they are always do. Trained to do that.

Comment

I voted Mayweather by KO. Guerrero can't outbox him so he has to force the action. He will be open for Floyd's hard, fast, accurate straight right and he will get hit with this punch alot. He will get hit with so many straight rights that he will get KOed. Floyd usually does not try that hard to get the KO. I think he wants the KO this time and he will get it.

Comment

Watching the Berto fight again, I really have to ask the question for anyone who has Guerrero by KO/TKO.

If Guerrero couldn't put Berto out of there or dominate him fluidly how will he fare better against Floyd? Berto was at times using some awful attempt at the shoulder roll which resulted in him getting caught by the lefts. But after the early rounds Guerrero wasn't able to land many significant power punches or combos on a basically one eyed Berto, especially out of the clinch. He took quite a few shots to land his punches too.

I feel like we may see some kind of dirty trip/knockdown on Floyd this fight. Also, I hope there are no significant clashes of heads to end the night early.

With Floyd having his father in his corner and a supposed return to a defensive focus, I don't see him pressing for a KO.

Mayweather by decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X