Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch the excuses fly when...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing fans are so fickle it makes me sick.

4 months ago: Floyd better not fight the green Canelo, that's such a cherry pick garbage fight, Oh Mah Gawd! RAWWRRR!

Now: Floyd is straight up ducking Canelo, he'd never take the fight, what a pussy!

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      You think the fight will be easier to make now that Canelo pulled in almost 40K live gate and beat the other best 154 pound fighter in a headline event? Floyd should have signed him up prior to the bump in leverage, especially if the Ghost makes Floyd look bad on the 5th. I hope Floyd does fight him, it's the right thing to do.
      A Mexican pulling 40k in Tx is hardly leverage. He wouldn't pull half that anywhere there isn't a big Mexican population and I don't mean to be disrespectful when saying that. The fight will happen next year I'm sure.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

4 months ago: Floyd better not fight the green Canelo, that's such a cherry pick garbage fight, Oh Mah Gawd! RAWWRRR!

Now: Floyd is straight up ducking Canelo, he'd never take the fight, what a pussy!
        This ^^^^^^^. People were pissed when there were rumors of Floyd fighting Canelo a few months back. When did Canelo become such a monster?

Comment

Also Floyd will duck Trout...Rigo is a better boxer than Floyd, probably the best in the history of the sport.

Fixed but exactly

Comment

Shocking, he actually made a thread that isn't dedicated to hating Manny Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
              This ^^^^^^^. People were pissed when there were rumors of Floyd fighting Canelo a few months back. When did Canelo become such a monster?
              Why are people acting like Alvarez didn't score the biggest victory of his career since then?

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                Why are people acting like Alvarez didn't score the biggest victory of his career since then?
                It was strong win for him, but people act like he's Drago all of a sudden.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Shocking, he actually made a thread that isn't dedicated to hating Manny Pacquiao.
                  Since its so "shocking," please tell me the last time I made a thread hating on manny. My last thread about him wasn't hating, it was telling like it is that manny was the one who ducked Floyd not the other way around. That's not hating.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    The victory is controversial, that's the thing. i had the fight a draw or 1 point in favor of Canelo but I wouldn't have been upset if it was one point in trouts favor

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
                      It was strong win for him, but people act like he's Drago all of a sudden.
                      There's only one Drago lol, but Alvarez proved a lot of people wrong. It's natural there would be a change in opinions.

Floyd might well fight him. He'd be smarter to do it after Cotto v Alvarez, but whether you think Alvarez is good enough or not Floyd fuelled the "ducking" accusations himself by refusing the offer to fight him.

Alvarez, the 22-year-old Mexican star, always preferred being on his own show anyway but was willing to go on Mayweather’s undercard as long as he knew he had him next. He didn’t get that guarantee and so he will move on with his own card.

Mayweather has no word to support what he says. The contract was already within the terms and just was missing the signature,” Alvarez said. “He said yes, but nothing happened at the end. Floyd never signed anything. But in spite of all that I am happy with my fight and my own date. This is what I wanted from the beginning.

“I have no need for Mayweather to impose conditions because I can have my own fans, my own event and my own history. I'm tired of being accessible to fight him, since he never was real in what he was talking. The truth is he does not want to fight me. I will continue doing my own history.
                      http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...athers-bluff-2

Comment

Working...
                      X