No announcement yet.

ESPN's Latest (4/16/13) P4P Rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
    12 fights and #6 on P4P list. Has this ever been done before?

Amazing. And he's very much deserving of it.
    Rigondeaux is one of the greatest pure boxing talents in the world, and has been for some time. Unfortunately, he was stuck in a communist country, with no chance to go pro. His fans knew he could be an awesome professional, but many (including myself) were worried he might be too old to show his greatness. Our (my) concerns have been swept away. "El Chacal" has arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      It's panel. Scroll to the bottom to see how they voted:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...pound-rankings
      Ok thanks, is there a way to see how each of the 10 analyst voted?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        Your top 10 must really suck then....
        1. Mayweather
        2. Ward
        3. Marquez
        4. Martinez
        5. Wlad
        6. Rigondeaux
        7. Bradley
        8. Mares
        9. Dawson
        10. Hopkins

Froch does not beat Ward, Dirrell [On neutral venue], Hopkins or Dawson and he's going in to a 50-50 fight with Kessler which he may lose and will need a little help from the judges.

Comment

Originally posted by Howellman View Post
          Ok thanks, is there a way to see how each of the 10 analyst voted?
          Not that I know of. But 9 out of the 10 panelists had Rigo in their top 10. It's obvious who the one who didn't was.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Rigondeaux is one of the greatest pure boxing talents in the world, and has been for some time. Unfortunately, he was stuck in a communist country, with no chance to go pro. His fans knew he could be an awesome professional, but many (including myself) were worried he might be too old to show his greatness. Our (my) concerns have been swept away. "El Chacal" has arrived.
            Just imagine if Cuba didn't have those policies and stipulations. How many more Cuban World champs would there be?

It would be frightening.

Comment

No Abner Mares. What a load of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                lol I came expecting much worse but this seems good enough
                What kind of list were you expecting. I was just glad to see froch on that list

Comment

Very good list if you ask me.

Probably the best and most credible list in Boxing at the moment.

Only one thing I would personally change is have Mares instead of Bradley.

Comment

question: How in the **** did Pacquiao rise to #5 on the p4p list?

Comment

Whilst the praise for Rigondeaux has certainly been overboard since Saturday, to consider him not a P4P calibur fighter now is ridiculous.

The guy just soundly beat a Top 5 P4P fighter, 12 fights or not, name me one instance where a fighter doesn't enter the P4P list after that?

If Donaire won, I'd have moved him to #3 behind Mayweather and Marquez on my list.

There is simply no way you can't include him now after his last fight.
                      Last edited by IronDanHamza; 04-16-2013, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X