No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout Confirms USADA Testing, Canelo's Rematch Demand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
    Its easy to look cute with your combinations when you know you're opponent won't swing back or won't hurt you cause they're smaller. Its like practicing combos on the mitts or the heavy bag... they dont punch back.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    comparing Cotto to a heavybag now. oh man

Comment

Originally posted by redwhip
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

Its easy to look cute with your combinations when you know you're opponent won't swing back or won't hurt you cause they're smaller. Its like practicing combos on the mitts or the heavy bag... they dont punch back.

comparing Cotto to a heavybag now. oh man
      I was talking about Canelo and his opposition bud.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        That's the optimistic way of looking at it. We have no reason to be optimistic about PED use in boxing.

Besides, that doesn't explain destroying tests, which we know they've done and is the main reason the USADA is considered shady in the boxing world. Then you look at the Lance Armstrong situation, which people love to bring up as the reason USADA is trustworthy. They only went after him when he stopped paying them off.
        Thanks for the replies Bojangles! Do you have articles that show proof that USADA has destroyed tests? I have heard these rumors about USADA doing this, but don't remember seeing any proof.

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post

Gotcha. so youre taking Trout I reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
            Thanks for the replies Bojangles! Do you have articles that show proof that USADA has destroyed tests? I have heard these rumors about USADA doing this, but don't remember seeing any proof.
            http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/5/26...me-boxing-news

I don't buy the "there wasn't enough time," reasoning. If there wasn't enough time, they would/should have said so beforehand. It wasn't until they actually took the tests that "there wasn't enough time."

Whether someone tested positive or not, it's shady and unprofessional by USADA.

Comment

Good stuff. Rematch clauses are the norm for title fights though.

Comment

Originally posted by redwhip
                Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

Gotcha. so youre taking Trout I reckon?
                Now you got ME confused...

I'm talking about Canelo looking cute vs his "opposition".

And if you're doing what I think you're doing then let me tell you Delvin Rodriguez outdoes ANYBODY on Canelo's resume... as sad as that sounds.

Comment

Love the comment. USADA is really shady so far. You can't just forget about destroyed tests.
                  is usada the ones who covered up floyds failed test?Or was that vada
                  i get confused who is who.

Comment

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/5/26...me-boxing-news

I don't buy the "there wasn't enough time," reasoning. If there wasn't enough time, they would/should have said so beforehand. It wasn't until they actually took the tests that "there wasn't enough time."

Whether someone tested positive or not, it's shady and unprofessional by USADA.
                    Appreciate you taking the time to dig up that article, Bojangles.
                    I agree that this is very odd that the tests were destroyed, while at the same time not accusing any fighter of being dirty. Hard to see an entity like USADA destroying tests as one fighter is dirty, when its a fight on calibur of Quillen v Wright.

Alas, you nailed it, it was very unprofessional.
                    Its clear that while blood testing is a great, immense, step forward for boxing, that there will be/has been bumps in the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
                      They destroyed the Quillin/Winky test results. Winky wright was pissed.

Comment

Working...
                      X