No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trout Confirms USADA Testing, Canelo's Rematch Demand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of these comments regarding USADA and them not being a reputable agency now. Is this all based around that Hauser article?
    I don't remember exact specifics in the articles, but wasn't it all based on hearsay and unnamed sources? Or is their more to it, has their been proof of USADA being corrupt?
    Thanks guys.
    They destroyed tests for the Quillin-Winky fight. Well known fact. Add in all the rumors, and they look shady when it comes to boxing.

Also, if blood testing is finding dirty fighters every few months, and USADA is finding none, that's shady looking as well.
    Last edited by bojangles1987; 04-10-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87
      Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

Can you blame him?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Says the gamboa fan
      Keep failing buddy and keep bringing Gamboa up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        Never said that. You've clearly misunderstood what you read.
        So why would you be on the fence about being impressed then?

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
          I'm seeing a lot of these comments regarding USADA and them not being a reputable agency now. Is this all based around that Hauser article?
          I don't remember exact specifics in the articles, but wasn't it all based on hearsay and unnamed sources? Or is their more to it, has their been proof of USADA being corrupt?
          Thanks guys.
          Probably has more to do with the Lance Armstong fiasco. After years of being bought off by him they come at him when the evidence is too much to ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua
            USADA is not the most stringent testing, it's VADA that catches anything. The reason why it isn't used as often is because it's more expensive and, secondly, promotors don't subjecting their fighters to a greater possibility of destroying a fight before they even step on the scales.
            I thought VADA was cheaper and that was a reason why they got started?
            "more affordable testing"

Comment

Its easy to look cute with your combinations when you know you're opponent won't swing back or won't hurt you cause they're smaller. Its like practicing combos on the mitts or the heavy bag... they dont punch back.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                They destroyed tests for the Quillin-Winky fight. Well known fact. Add in all the rumors, and they look shady when it comes to boxing.

Also, if blood testing is finding dirty fighters every few months, and USADA is finding none, that's shady looking as well.
                It could be the fighters being tested by VADA are dirty and the ones by USADA are not.

the only fighters to be tested by both are as far as I know, Mosley and Canelo and they were negative, both times.

Comment

"I'm hoping they're testing him and not just destroying results like they've done before. Maybe next time we can get VADA but right now we have to take what we can get with USADA." - Trout

See how bad USADA's rep is?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    If he wins fairly, count me a believer. But he has to beat Trout. The best fighter at the time he's faced them to date. I'm still not sure that I'd be impressed with some kid whooping on a shoe-shiner though.
                    Originally posted by redwhip View Post
                    Trout is a bigger better boxer, and youre still not sure if youd give canelo credit? jesus you just seem out to get canelo
                    So why would you be on the fence about being impressed then?
                    Ok, lets try this again. "If he wins fairly count me a believer". There is no on the fence about that. Pretty straight forward.

The "I'm not impressed with some kid whooping on a shoe-shiner", was in reference to Mathed saying he saw some stream of canelo doing just that in Mexico. Now if you read the post I quoted and understood when I told you you misread that, I wouldn't be spelling it out for you.

Comment

It could be the fighters being tested by VADA are dirty and the ones by USADA are not.

the only fighters to be tested by both are as far as I know, Mosley and Canelo and they were negative, both times.
                      That's the optimistic way of looking at it. We have no reason to be optimistic about PED use in boxing.

Besides, that doesn't explain destroying tests, which we know they've done and is the main reason the USADA is considered shady in the boxing world. Then you look at the Lance Armstrong situation, which people love to bring up as the reason USADA is trustworthy. They only went after him when he stopped paying them off.

Comment

Working...
                      X