No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kubrat Pulev: We Are in Talks To Fight David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    I absolutely will bow. On one condition. I get to ridicule him if he fights Charr or worse.
    You are entitled to give him as much or slightly less criticism than you gave Vitali.

So will I.

Worse than Charr is inexcusable.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      I'm not buying it's pulev until the contract is signed. If haye is #1 in WBA it makes no sense to fight pulev. Haye gets povetkin or klitschko by the end of the year
      No he doesn't. Wladimir is the WBA super champion, and Povetkin is WBA regular champion. The regular champion becomes the mandatory of the super champion. Haye will have to wait for Wladimir to fight Povetkin. If Povetkin loses he is stripped of his regular champion belt. The WBA will then set up a fight between the WBA #1 (Haye) and the WBA #2 (Luis Ortiz, I think). The winner becomes the regular champion and gets a shot at Wladimir in the next 18 months.

Going the WBA route probably wouldn't land him a shot at WK until early 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
        I have to agree, seems like Haye finally realized he's not special like he thinks he is. He wasted almost two years though, could have fight Klitschko for the second time by now.
        What are you agreeing with? The fact this guy doesn't understand the term "duck" or what are you saying?

Comment

I really hope this fight gets made. A grate at way for the haye maker to come back. I just hope he stays active. I was jut thinking about the possibility of this fight earlier

Comment

Haye fighting Manuel Charr would disappoint me. But all of Vitali's fans who defended Charr as a legit opponent can't say anything negative about that choice if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Haye fighting Manuel Charr would disappoint me. But all of Vitali's fans who defended Charr as a legit opponent can't say anything negative about that choice if it happens.
              That is whats funny, they do though. A couple of weeks ago another poster said Pulev couldn't fight anyone and had to wait for the Fury-Cunningham winner per orders of the IBF. I should have been skeptical than but instead argued he'd be better not worrying about the ABC boys and just fight the best fighters he could. This of course was scoffed at by a certain group on here but now that its happening (and appatently not going to effect Pulev's IBF ranking) they're all saying what a good idea it is all the while still bashing Haye. DOUBLE STANDARDS!!

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                No he doesn't. Wladimir is the WBA super champion, and Povetkin is WBA regular champion. The regular champion becomes the mandatory of the super champion. Haye will have to wait for Wladimir to fight Povetkin. If Povetkin loses he is stripped of his regular champion belt. The WBA will then set up a fight between the WBA #1 (Haye) and the WBA #2 (Luis Ortiz, I think). The winner becomes the regular champion and gets a shot at Wladimir in the next 18 months.

Going the WBA route probably wouldn't land him a shot at WK until early 2015.
                Haye is where the money is at. He don't have to fight eliminators. Wlad or another champion will fight him in a voluntary. Pulev is in the same position as chris byrd was early in his career. Couldnt get the big fights because of a lack of gate value. Guys who put butts in the seats(haye & adamek) don't need to fight in eliminators because guys will give them voluntary defences because of the payday they would get....think andrew golota 4 title shots & none of them he was a mandatory but he could pack MSG so brewster, byrd, lennox & ruiz all gave him shots(3 were in house fights from don kings stable)
                Last edited by joe strong; 04-04-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

This fight has to happen, it's gonna be huge.

Comment

Haye is the Mayweather of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by damuttz112 View Post
                      Haye is the Mayweather of Europe.
                      He is, that's why no one expects the Pulev fight to get made

Comment

Working...
                      X