Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we still gonna pretend a healthy Rios beats Abril?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
    Are you realted to Abril ? Abril fought well vs Rios and Acosta. He was dominated by Lundy,Presscott, and looked terrible against a limited Bogere. That fight is the cure for insomnia. Abril couldn't sell tickets to his family. I like skilled boxers too but who has he ever KO'd ? Up until the Prescott fight,he fought horrible foes,okay not the first to do so.

He has 3 KO's after that fight vs guys with a combined 29 loses !!!!! Abril doesn't last 2 rounds at 140 lbs with any of the top 10-12 fighters and maybe 1 round with Broner. His new nickname is the "Unskilled Mosquito."

Rios and Mile High Mike are both easily in the top 5 at 140 lbs. Rios would easily KTFO Amir Khan at 140.Matthyse v Rios would be a WAR. Rios KO over Peterson and Maidana. I would favor JMM,Garcia and maybe Matthyse over Rios and Alvarado but would love watching all 3 fights vs either.
    Abril does not beat any top 10 guys at 140, yet the guy he schooled and shut out, Rios, is a killer that takes out Khan, Peterson and Maidana by KO. Hahaha. And then you woke up...

Comment

Abril is just a better fighter, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
        Abril is fight's like a b!tch, Want to see what true boxer looks like Look at Terence Crawford , now that's what i called a boxing clinic, he let his hands go, no clinching, holding, just poped him from the outside, and got to his body on the inside when ever Prescott tried to get close. Thats true Boxing.

All these guys getting a hard on over Abril's clinching is sickening, and when he clinches he doesn't do anything. It's frusterating seeing that guy fight.
        Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
        Almost as "frustrating" as having to read one of your posts.
        No , Abril is frusterating to watch, he has the talent yet he puts on these clinch infeste performances. Look at his last fight, he lost some rounds that were close due toclinching, when the ref got on him Abril stopped clinching and swept the last 3 or so rounds where he actually boxed, and ultimately won him the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
          Abril does not beat any top 10 guys at 140, yet the guy he schooled and shut out, Rios, is a killer that takes out Khan, Peterson and Maidana by KO. Hahaha. And then you woke up...

Schooled ? Abril lost to Rios,right ? Did I miss something ,his record says LOSS,right ?

Abril hits like a biatch and bum hunts more than any fighter in boxing history. Every time that he steps up,he gets dominated. He slaps the whole fight like a limp-wristed meathead. Abril is by far the worst Cuban fighter that I have ever seen. Cuba has some excellent fighters,he is just not one of them !!!!

BTW Alvarado KTFO'd Prescott. Prescott KTFO'd Khan in Round 1 and dominated the "Unskilled Mosquito" Abril. Styles make fights and Abril has no power,no style, and needs to take up a new sport.

Comment

Schooled ? Abril lost to Rios,right ? Did I miss something ,his record says LOSS,right ?

Abril hits like a biatch and bum hunts more than any fighter in boxing history. Every time that he steps up,he gets dominated. He slaps the whole fight like a limp-wristed meathead. Abril is by far the worst Cuban fighter that I have ever seen. Cuba has some excellent fighters,he is just not one of them !!!!

BTW Alvarado KTFO'd Prescott. Prescott KTFO'd Khan in Round 1 and dominated the "Unskilled Mosquito" Abril. Styles make fights and Abril has no power,no style, and needs to take up a new sport.

I hope to god you're trolling. Truly one of the most horrific posts I've read on any forum, period.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              I hope to god you're trolling. Truly one of the most horrific posts I've read on any forum, period.
              No,not at all. I've boxed and watched boxing all my life. I am not impressed one bit by Abril. I thought he "fought" well for his limited skills vs Rios and maybe even won 5-6 rounds. Slapping does not score in the pros. He needs to sit down on his punches at some point during a fight. He is just terrible,sorry..not a fan at all of Abril.Get over it.

Comment

Rios isnt an A list fighter and he wont be. Hes too one dimensional, his brawling/no-defence style will hinder him from winning at a high level.

Comment

These guys just outperformed the Bradley provodvic or however I spell his name and most of the thread is ****ting on them . These are the fights ago can help boxing not snooze fest.Abdul. Idk how Rios would do vs matthessey, Peterson or Bradley but if love to see those fights unfortunately only guy we could see RIOS or Alvarado fight is Bradley but with more action fights boxing could get more mainstream which means more fans and more pressure on promoters to work together and make the fights we want to see happen

Comment

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
                    Rios isnt an A list fighter and he wont be. Hes too one dimensional, his brawling/no-defence style will hinder him from winning at a high level.
                    Maybe ??? But I for one would love to see Matthyse v Rios or Garcia v Rios.

Comment

Maybe ??? But I for one would love to see Matthyse v Rios or Garcia v Rios.
                      Rios gets KO'd by both.

Comment

Working...
                      X